Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Christi's Tea Party

July 2005: Christi & Her American Girl Doll having breakfast at the American Girl Store in Chicago!

In honor of what would have been Christi’s Tenth Birthday, a celebration will take place in the form of a Tea Party on Saturday, May 12th at noon. “Christi’s Tea” will be a fundraiser for the Christi Thomas Memorial Fund. Shayla, Christi’s sister, and Alice in Wonderland will serve as the hostesses. Due to seating capacity, a limited number of tickets will be available, so reserve yours early. This event, held on Mother’s Day weekend at the Mohawk Country Club in rural Tiffin, will be a great way to spend time with your loved one.

The $15.00 per person fee includes:

Assorted sandwiches
Punch
Fruit kabobs
Pretzels
Cake

With "Alice in Wonderland" in Disneyland, California (July 2001: Christi 4, Shayla 2)

Additionally, entertainment will be provided by the Fremont Ballet School and the Seneca East Show Choir. Alice in Wonderland and various characters will be on hand. Guests will take home a souvenir and other “goodies” Additionally, your ticket includes your chance for an American Girl doll which will be presented to a lucky one at the end of the tea! Auction items will also be available. The Birthday Party Committee would like to thank “Wal-Mart” for their help and generous sponsorship.

To donate/register online, click the link above, or go to: http://www.active.com/donate/christi
For your convenience, you can securely donate from this site below. All contributions to the Christi Thomas Memorial Fund are fully tax-deductible under current IRS rules. Donations can be made now and at any time in the future. All major credit and/or debit cards are accepted and you will get a receipt for your donation automatically.

Via check in US dollars
Checks can be sent to:

The Christi Thomas Memorial Fund
P.O. Box 152
Old Fort, Ohio 44861

You can also drop off your donation at any
Old Fort Banking Company office.

The Thomas team would be honored if you would consider the Christi Thomas Memorial Fund for an annual or special occasion contribution in the future as well. Thank you for your support.

Enjoying "High Tea" at the Plaza Hotel in NYC after dancng at "the prom" at MSKCC, May 2004 (Christi 6, Shayla 4)

7 Comments:

At 31/3/07 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christi's tea party is such a great idea and sounds like it will be tons of fun.. it looks like such an awesome way to spend her birthday!!

 
At 31/3/07 12:33 PM, Blogger Kait said...

What awesome pictures and what a wonderful event. Do you know if there will be a Christi Thomas Tea t-shirt available? I would love to purchase one/help design one!

 
At 31/3/07 3:11 PM, Blogger Kim said...

What an incredibly wonderful way to honor Sweet Christi!

Still keeping the Thomas Team in my prayers!

 
At 1/4/07 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya from Engalnd to the amazing Shayla, Angela, Shayne & last but not least the amazing Miss Christi herself.

I've followed your blog since the day after it ever came online but only now have I been brave enough to write.

It goes without saying that I continue to be amazed at your resilience, positivity & humanity. When I wonder about however did Christi manage to face her illness and passing with such courage & dignity, I look at the 3 Thomas Team members still on earth & I find my answer.

Shayla - I too lost my big sister to a nasty illness. I still miss her very much & even though I don't know you personally, I'm proud of the way that you keep her memory alive & keep her sense of fun going. You're an amazing young lady Shayla & I send you all the love & best wishes I have for your excting times coming up - your communion & this wonderful tea party for your big sis in heaven (rememver she's got the best seats in the house when it comes ot watching these occasions & I bet she throws a party in heaven in your honour too!) .

To you all - the tea party is a brilliant idea. I wish I'd had the presence of mind to mark my sisters birthday like that - d'you reckon 8 years after her death is too late? I wish that I lived closer than Newcastle upon Tyne, England so that I could share it properly- nevermind - hopefully you'll tell us all about it in the blog (please!).

I'll keep on following your story as it brings so much hope and love into the my life & the lives of everyone who follows it. Thanks Christi and all of you for making me feel part of a family again after my sisters death (aallbeit a 'virtual' one).

Take care all of you.

With love (and a special hug for Shayla from one little sister to an angel to another - if she doesn't mind?).

Nicky

 
At 2/4/07 12:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Christi, I miss you so much and I'm not even related to you! I don't even want to imagine what it must be like for your sister, your parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins (especially Shelby) and all of your friends.

This picture of you with your American Girl doll is especially marvelous! You look so happy and so well. It's hard to think that you actually had cancer inside of you at that time.

I'm very confused, Christi. I just can't make any sense of your dying. And I've lost someone I love before to death. My only sister in fact. But, and I know this sounds weird, she really seemed ready to go. She was so tired and so worn out. I made sense of losing her by believing that her time really had come, even though she was so young.

But to tell you the truth, you don't seem to have been ready. And I know you had cancer and got so much sicker in August and then, of course, September... but you just seemed like you had a lot more living left to do. I can't make heads or tails of it and every picture of you smiling that brilliant smile just seems to make it all the more confusing.

You know, I was thinking about Shayla. She never had a single day in her life without you. Think about it: you had a couple of years without her; your parents had years before you or Shayla, or even each other. But Shayla is unique. From the moment she breathed, she was your sister. I guess I think of her the most because her life seems the most radically changed just by the fact of her being your younger sister. She simply has never known a life before you because she came after you. Thank God your parents are so awesome! They'll take such good care of her and of course so will you, I'm sure, from your place in Heaven.

So this is the season that we celebrate that Jesus vanquished death once and for all. It's going to be a really tough Easter over here. There are so many things I don't understand. It's going to be a real challenge celebrating when I'm just so unsure. Your death is the one thing that just seems very wrong to me. There is a passage in Shakespeare's Macbeth, "Fair is foul/and foul is fair." It basically refers to the reversal of universal justice. What was once good (ie "fair") is now inverted as evil, and what was once evil (ie "foul") has now become good. The lines are supposed to convey a world turn upside down, and order turned chaos.

I feel an internal chaos that is really taking hold of me these days. I'm trying to live busy and laugh often, like your father said you taught people to live, but it's not going that well. I know the death of a child is never natural but yours seems particularly wrong. And I'm not trying to devalue any child's life or any adult's life for that matter, I'm just saying that I'm very confused. I will be donating blood on your tenth birthday. I think that would make you happy. We live far away, but have sent money to your fund (the internet is amazing isn't it?).

I hope your tea party is as dazzling as your spirit. And I hope it brings Shayla a special kind of peace and joy. Wouldn't it be neat if Shayla won the raffle for the American Girl doll! If you can fix the auction from up there, try to work it out!!

Goodnight from a member of your unofficial fan club! May tomorrow make me a better person, worthy of one of your smiles.

 
At 2/4/07 10:30 AM, Blogger The Rawson Family said...

I love looking at Christis page~ I to lost my little girl but from a heart defect, I am touched by all you do in Christis name it is wonderful, I try and try to come up with some things to do in my little Mackenzie name! I hope you have a wonderful turn out at the Tea~

Melissa Rawson
mommy of 5 Hayley, Madison, Nicholas,
Mackenzie(1/20/03~7/7/05) peincessmackenzie.tripod.com/

and Jason

 
At 2/4/07 10:35 AM, Blogger The Rawson Family said...

I love looking at Christis page! I love how you keep adding pictures of her! I to lost my little girl Mackenzie in 2005 but from a heart defect! I miss her so very much! I am touched by all you do in Christis name it is wonderful! I have thought of starting up a non profit group in my angels name but have not yet, we did for awhile make blankies and send them to other sick kidos In Memory of Our Princess Mackenzie!
I hope you have a wonderful turn out at the Tea! Very good Idea! I hope you dont mind me leaving a message, I have been following Christis page since before you lost her I found out about her page from one of my Carepage friends!

From:
Melissa Rawson
mommy of 5 Hayley, Madison, Nicholas,
Mackenzie(1/20/03~7/7/05) princessmackenzie.tripod.com/
and Jason

 

Post a Comment

<< Home