Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

$1,750 Awarded to Fremont St. Joe Students


Last Sunday afternoon, four students from Fremont St. Joe Catholic High School were informed via email that they had received a Christi Thomas Memorial Scholarship to assist with their studies in the fall. By Thursday, we had received thank you notes from all four students - very impressive! I know I am hundreds of thank you notes behind myself so it was incredibly sweet and most surprising to read of their appreciation. One wrote, "You picked a most deserving recipient for the $1,000 scholarship. Christi touched Jennifer's life and therefore as a result of Jennifer's work, all of our lives were touched here at St. Joe as we prayed for and followed Christi's journey." Congratulations to Jennifer who will be a fabulous pediatric nurse one day on receiving the $1,000 Christi Thomas Memorial Scholarship. And congratulations on receiving $250.00 book scholarships to Brian, John and Megan! Best wishes to you all!

3 Comments:

At 27/5/07 12:19 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

I am sure Christi could not be happier. Jennifer is a truly remarkable individual who does so much for so many. Congrats, Jennifer!

 
At 28/5/07 2:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that graphic! They both look beautiful. I agree that Jennifer will be an amazing oncologist! Congrats to all of the students who received scholarships from the amazing angel Christi's memorial fund! Keeping her legacy alive one scholarship at a time! :) *Stay Strong!*

 
At 29/5/07 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Thomas's

Angela, I just had to write and tell you about my Tulips. I planted 90 bulbs last fall for Christi, 10 for each of her 9 years. Well guess what, I think Christi is playing with them from above cause each day only 9 bloom, and each day it is a different 9. My partner Shelley noticed it first and I kept watch and sure enough always 9, and only the white ones grew.
I must say that I miss Christi too, I followed her journey from the beginning and I have read every entry and Angela she was a wonderful young woman, you must be very proud to be her Mom, and equally as proud of dear Shayla.

Love and peace, Susan
caringbridge.org/visit/marcleblanc

God bless

 

Post a Comment

<< Home