Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Happy Tenth Birthday, Angel Christi



Shayne holds baby Christi for the very first time, May 12, 1997
With the wonderful, Dr. Cordero!

The sweet Chatty Catchy Club girls called me Friday right after school to invite us to their party they were having for Christi's birthday. They wanted Shayla to come swimming with them but I had to decline - not that I didn't think Shayla would LOVE it, but because I knew I couldn't see all of those sweet, sweet girls – all gathered together in honor of Christi’s birthday. I was so moved. I told Julie that I just couldn’t bring myself to do it and she responded, “It’s a good thing you weren’t here a minute ago. They all stood around the pool and said what they missed most about Christi before they jumped into the pool.” Oh, that would have been hard. I hung up with tears rapidly flowing and dialed my sweet friend, thinking maybe one of the Grine’s would have time to take Shayla to the party. I thank the good Lord Lori did for me. I know she didn’t have the time, but somehow made it for us. On the way Shayla said, “Mom, I’m glad you’re still letting me go to the birthday party, even if you’re too sad to go.” She’s a sweetie!

With our sweet COSI friends coming up to spend Friday night with us, Shayla determined everyone's sleeping arrangements on Thursday. She decided that she would sleep with "Elizabeth" in Christi's room. Well, that meant I needed to actually strip Christi's bed and wash all of her bedding for the very first time since August. I know that sounds terribly gross, but I just didn't want it washed and I dreaded having to one day do it and “move on”. (Denial is a much better state to be in than reality!) I would occasionally go into Christi’s room and try to catch her scent, even though I could no longer do so after eight months without her here. Early Friday morning I removed about 40, but who's counting, treasured stuffed animals neatly arranged from on top of her made bed and pulled off all of the bedding. With tears of self pity streaming down my face, I quickly started the washing machine trying to convince myself it was just a regular load of laundry. A small step during a terribly emotional time. We had a lovely evening with our dear friends who arrived from Columbus and we are so grateful that they love us and that they’re going to be the characters for today’s tea party. Jenn looked adorable last night out in the driveway sporting her “Queen of Hearts” skirt. (Shayla suggested which character would be most fitting for each person to play and they agreed.) It was a pleasure to also get to meet the sweet little niece of Traci’s last night too. Shayla had a grand time playing!!

The scholarship applications, which are due today, started rolling in over the past few days. I guess busy students were just waiting until the last minute. Again, the Christi Thomas Scholarship Committee of five will have a hard time determining the next three scholarships for students from: Seneca East, Fremont St. Joe's and Dance Unlimited.
Six day old, Christi, after Mass at St. Mary's - the same church where her funeral was held.

29 Comments:

At 12/5/07 6:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy happy birthday Christi! Big ten. May you have a great day in Heaven, I am sure you have a big celebration, but I wish you could be here. I am wondering how you would have looked now.

Lot of love

Trine

 
At 12/5/07 6:28 AM, Blogger Brigid and Celie said...

Happy Birthday, dear sweet Christi, Forever our Inspiration! You tenderly taught us how this great gift of life should be lived - with Love and Hope and Compassion. We miss you. And we feel you everyday in our hearts, and souls, dreams, and Hopes. Today we’re praying so hard for a cure for this terrible disease. And we pray for your incredible family. We love you, Thomas Team.

XOXOXO
Brigid and Celie

 
At 12/5/07 8:06 AM, Blogger Nikking said...

Happy 10th Birthday, Christi!

 
At 12/5/07 8:09 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Angel Christi! Give your family heavenly hugs and kisses today, okay?

With love -

Kim

 
At 12/5/07 8:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Sweet Christi. I'm sure you'll have a party in Heaven, dancing with Jesus, but make sure you take time to send your family lots of hugs -- they miss you lots!

 
At 12/5/07 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many Happy Birthday wishes to a sweet angel in Heaven! I am sure you got everything you ever dreamt of!

 
At 12/5/07 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's my first birthday in heaven,
what a joy to partake.
My presents are flowers and rainbows
and angel food cake.

My crib is decorated with roses
and glitter.
And the stars that shine upon me
make everything shimmer.

The other angels are dancing and
singing me songs.
Soon Jesus will be joining me,
It won't be long.

We'll all gather and pray
for my loved ones on earth,
Who love me so much,
from the day of my birth.

You see, Birthdays in Heaven
are full of happiness and cheer.
We celebrate with our loved ones,
who proceeded us here.

Yes, Birthdays in Heaven
are wonderful and gay.
One day we will celebrate together,
for that moment, Mommy and Daddy, I pray

 
At 12/5/07 9:23 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Christi..

I hope the tea party is wonderful and makes you smile..

Staci C
NJ

 
At 12/5/07 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Angel!!!!!!

 
At 12/5/07 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Christi

we are still thinking of you

Lots of Love Kelly Rendall
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mum to Angel Jamie
www.beebo.info

 
At 12/5/07 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you all at this time, my Daughter Jade shares the same Birthday as Christi and she would be 12 Today. We sadly lost her to the same disease in August 2005, we miss her so much and think of her all the time. You are such a loving family and must be so proud of Christi's achievements, as we are of Jade. Love Cindy xxx

 
At 12/5/07 10:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm speechless.
What a heartwrenching, brave and courageous time.

Happy Birthday Christi!!!!! I hope the clouds paint themselves beautifully to be your multicolored balloons today :)

Sending you much love - and prayers that you feel Christi deep within you and all around today.

Eliza

 
At 12/5/07 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to let you all know that you're being thought of constantly today and that you're all in the hearts and minds of friends all over the world.

Shayla, I Hope that you're managing to have enough fun at the teaparty for you and Christi.

Angela & Shayne - my love, thoughts and prayers are with you.

I stopped by at Christi's "Gone too Soon Memorial" site (http://christi-thomas.gonetoosoon.co.uk/my_index.php) earlier and was pleased to see that she is still making new friends & inspiring people.

Happy birthday once again sweet Christi.

Nicky.

 
At 12/5/07 12:33 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Happy 10th Birthday in Heaven sweet, precious and brave Christi!

You touched and graced my life sweet gal.

Angela, Shayne and Shayla- Thinking of you every minute of every day today. May God hold you close and bring you His peace.

Lots of love and tons of prayers,
Heather

 
At 12/5/07 1:49 PM, Blogger NB Warrior said...

Happy Birthday Christi! Sending our love from Arizona. =)

Hope the Thomas team is doing well today and always.

Love,
The Ugarte Family

 
At 12/5/07 2:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Christi! Your Mama cat and her kittens were smiling down on us from CHOP's BMT playroom today!

 
At 12/5/07 2:24 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Happy Sweet Birthday Angel Christi - Angela, Shayne and shayla ... my heart is broken for you and my thoughts remain ...

God Bless!

Love from my family to yours!

Rebekah Clark
Prior Lake, MN
mommy_jaden@yahoo.com

 
At 12/5/07 2:26 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Angela - I am so sorry for seeming like I stopped thinking of you all! I just figured out this whole google thing ... I apologize for not commenting but please know I check in every day and I think about all of you hourly it seems ... Christi and your entire family have brought me to the Lord for the first time in my adult life and I am forever graetful for that!

God Bless!

Rebekah Clark
Prior Lake, MN
mommy_jaden@yahoo.com

 
At 12/5/07 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday ^Christy^!!!!!

I know today is a terribly hard day for your family and I hope that you feel Christy's "presence" during all the activities. I will say a prayer for you today .

Lori Crane

 
At 12/5/07 5:09 PM, Blogger Michelle Stokes said...

Happy birthday, Christi!

 
At 12/5/07 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to swing by and wish Christi a HAPPY BIRTHDAY and to say I really loved the turn out of the tea party. My mum and I had a really great time. ^__^

 
At 12/5/07 5:42 PM, Blogger Carrigan Family said...

Oh Angela ... you couldn't have an ounce of self pity in your bones even if you tried - you just miss your baby. I am so sorry - I know there are no words to even touch that deep ache ... I'm not even going to try. Just know you are loved by so many and I am praying for you.

Mary Lee Carrigan

 
At 12/5/07 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Angel Christi, you are so missed here on earth!!! I hope you give your parents and sister "extra" angel kisses today. Let them know you are happy and ok, they are having a hard time.
I wish I could have been at the Tea but living in Ga, there was just no way. I hope you had a great time.
I still check in on your family everyday atleast once if not twice! God Bless You All! Angela, Happy Mother's Day, you are a great mother, never doubt that for a minute!


Debbie Waters

 
At 12/5/07 5:59 PM, Blogger Kait said...

Happy 10th Birthday, Christi! We all miss you so much here on Earth and think of you constantly.

 
At 12/5/07 6:03 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

Happy Birthday, Christi. We love you.

 
At 12/5/07 7:16 PM, Blogger The Hammer Family said...

Dear Angela, Shayne and Shayla,
Our hearts and thoughts are with you everyday, and esp today on Christi's 10th birthday. How I wish your beautiful princess was here with you..
Our love and prayers are with you always,
The Hammers

 
At 12/5/07 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 10th Birthday to the amazing angel Christi! You're very loved and missed by many all around the world. Keep shining Christi!

 
At 13/5/07 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTI!!
thinking of you

 
At 13/5/07 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many birthday wishes to Christi and the Thomas team. I know that must have been so hard to do, but your right: God's people are good!

Praying hard for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home