Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Eight Month Anniversary

In Loving Memory of Penelope - Forever FourThank you, Megan and Hannah from Dance Unlimited

So hard to believe eighth months ago today Christi died while I was helpless, just sitting beside her in her hospital bed, holding her hand and telling her how very loved and special she was. What I wouldn't do to bring her back to my arms!

Last night Shayla and I chaperoned the junior high school dance. My sweet, sweet students were so very kind inviting Shayla to dance with them and spending their precious peer time chatting with her too. I was so touched. God's people are good. It's hard to believe we only have five days left of school. While I'm not going to miss all of the paperwork, I am going to miss those great kids I'm so blessed to call my students! Throughout the night however, I kept wondering why Christi couldn't have been healthy like the kids dancing the night away and my mind kept thinking of sweet Penelope, dying in New York. Her father called me yesterday after school and we chatted (or should I say cried our eyes out) for half an hour.

TOGETHER AGAIN - OUR ANGEL GIRLS! With tears streaming down my face, I report - just like was her father's gut feeling (He said to me, "I think she's going to die tomorrow.") was indeed correct and she left this world after earing her Angel wings this morning just after five. She suffered terribly for many months; now her parents suffering begins. Our hearts are heavy for these wonderful people left behind. If you'd like to leave the London's a message of support, Penelope's website is: http://www.caringbridge.com/ny/penelope

We're very thankful that we are not the only two people on the Christi Thomas Scholarship Committee. We knew we'd be bias, so we have three others serving on the committee to make the decision regardng the Christi Thomas Scholarship for a Senior from Seneca East. The applicants are all fantastic! Many prayers have been said asking for help and guidance in making the right decision. We will be presenting this scholarship on Monday morning at the high school on behalf of the generous donors to the Christi Thomas Memorial Fund, kindly allowing us to do something positive over something so tragic - THANK YOU!



I heard you crying yesterday
And felt your heart-sent love
So I'm sending you this message
Now, from Heaven up above

You're wondering if I'll celebrate
My birthday (way up here)
I know you're missing me today
I feel your essence near.

God planned a special day for me
He told me with a wink
He'd ordered me a special cake
(It's Angel food, I think)

I'm getting lots of hugs from God
He's really good at that
And every time that I walk by
He gives my head a pat

Balloons will fill the streets for me
They float up through the clouds
And we have lots of clowns up here
That make us laugh out loud

There is a birthday carousel
Jeweled horses ride the wind
With music playing oh so sweet…
The magic never ends

I've made so many friends, you see
We laugh and play and sing
We ride our bikes and play jump rope
And sleep in Angel's wings

We'll have our cake and ice cream
And open gifts, surprise!
But we don't blow out our candles here
Instead, they light the skies