Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Thank You & Missing You


We are deeply humbled and moved by the incredible outpouring of support and love we witnessed today. Our deepest thanks to "A Proper Party" to Jennifer and her darling mother, Lisa; to our sweet COSI friends for their amazing acting today in costumes, to the MANY businesses and people who generously donated time, talent and money to this cause and to the true Angels on earth for their attendance and financial support.

We do not need a special day
To bring you to our minds.
The days we do not think of you
Are very hard to find.

Each morning when we awake,
We know that you are gone.
And no one knows the heartache
As we try to carry on.

Our hearts still ache with sadness
And secret tears still flow.
What it meant to lose you
No one will ever know.

Our thoughts are always with you,
Your place no one can fill.
In life we loved you dearly;
In death we love you still.

There will always be a heartache,
And often a silent tear.
But always a precious memory
Of the days when you were here.

If tears could make a staircase,
And heartaches make a lane,
We'd walk the path to heaven
And bring you home again.

We hold you close within our hearts;
And there you will remain,
To walk with us throughout our lives
Until we meet again.

Our family chain is broken now,
And nothing seems the same,
But as God calls us one by one,
The chain will link again.

Dedication to: Daniel Rush "Missing you today and everyday, my darling son" Love, Mom


Thank you, Kami - "A Proper Party" - event & wedding consultants launching their new business with this event today! Words cannot possibly express how highly we think of them and their work!
Thank you, Kristin - "A Proper Party" - P. O. Box 475 Fremont, OhioThank you, sweet Jennifer and Lisa! Yesterday, Jennifer and her friend released pink balloons from Christi's gravesite. And I understand Christi's friend Cami and her mother left ten balloons out at the cemetery. I just couldn't bring myself to going out there today, but I will soon. THANK YOU thoughtful friends!

Once in our home this afternoon Shayne said, "What did we do to deserve that?" I know we did nothing, but sweet Jennifer was definitely "touched by an angel" and we thank her for putting us in contact with her friends and with Wal-Mart and for getting all of this started! Congrats, sweet Jennifer on finishing your first year of college! We're so proud of you! Thank you for blessing our lives so richly!

I'm still dazed by the magic of it all and would like to thank everyone from the bottom of our hearts. I was choked up much of the afternoon and I don't feel well about how I wasn't really able to talk with many people as I thought I would; it was just so hard. Today I met loving angels on earth for the very first time, and others I had not seen for a long time.

Seeing Christi's friend and their mothers almost always makes me burst into tears on a regular day, not to mention today and I was so touched that they attended - it was the greatest thing, yet so bittersweet for me knowing how special they always made Christi feel and how I know she'd want to be with them too. It mus be so hard to understand this when you're so young (I can't make any sense of it at my age).

Watching some of my former students, now in high school - singing and dancing, moved me to tears as they sang a song from "The Lion King" - a song I'd heard Christi's little voice sing too. I was so proud of my students (and their parents) for giving up their afternoon to share their talents and perform for us. We are so blessed!

Unfortunately, "blogger" isn't allowing me to upload any more pictures tonight! I'll share more in the future. Thank you for lifting us up and for making today a great celebration of life!

14 Comments:

At 12/5/07 8:25 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

What gorgeous pictures, it looks like it was a party filled with love.

I know today had to be soo hard on you, I can't even imagine.

Know you are in my thoughts and prayers,
Heather

 
At 12/5/07 8:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 12th Birthday Sweet Beautiful Christi!!!

You and your family do not know me, but I've been reading your Mom's blog nearly everyday since you passed away. I'm not exactly sure how God brought me to your site, but I'm glad he did as you've made a big impact on my life and yet, I never had the chance to meet you. We have a friend whose son has Osteosarcoma and he is a fighter just like you. You mean so much to so many, Sweet Baby Girl!!!

With Love From Jenn in Maryland

To your Mom, Dad and Shayla....you are all in my thoughts and prayers every day. Chrisi is the most amazing little girl....absolutely beautiful!!! I wish I could have participated in some of Christi's events and would love to if any come to the Maryland area. Know that you are always thought of!!

Love From Jenn

Jenng1278@aol.com

 
At 12/5/07 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy heavenly birthday, sweet Christi.

To the Thomas team, thank you for sharing your beautiful daughter with the world. Your family, love, and strength are an inspiration. My 2 year old son sits on my lap as I read your blog. He points to pictures of your beautiful Christi and smiles. "Christi" just might be one if his first words!

Wishing you peace today,
Linda

 
At 13/5/07 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like Christi's Proper Tea Party was a huge success! I bet Christi was so excited to see all of her family and friends together celebrating the special 10th anniversary of her birth here on earth. Christi, I hope you had an amazing first birthday in heaven! *Stay Strong!*

 
At 13/5/07 12:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow..
It looks like your day was amazing.. Lots of Love..

Happy Mother's Day Angela..


In my Prayers
Staci C.
NJ

 
At 13/5/07 5:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone,

So glad to see that you all had a magical day - I bet the magic was made extra special by the presence of an extra speical angel. I think Christi will have had a lovely day with you all.

Angela, I cannot imagine you filled with self-pity. You've experienced such a huge loss that nobody can fully understand and you're allowed to be human you know. Of course yesterday was especially difficult for you. It's so hard to feel so much love and happiness mixed up with such aching sadness that the one person who would have loved it the most was not there in any earthly way. She was with you though and always will be. It's so hard to see others growing up and having fun and to be left with the question - why did this happen??

I'm glad that in spite of it being such a hard day you managed to get some comfort and joy from the love that everyone has for Christi and for for the rest of you - she truly was an amazing and inspirational little girl but her courage and everything else about her is matched every single step of the way by you, Shayne & Shayla - we should all learn so much from your story.

The answer to Shayne's question about what you might have done to deserve that is quite simply - you are the Thomas Team!!

I was thinking about you all yesterday and wishing that I could have been with you at Christi's party. In the afternoon when I went for a walk in my local park here in England - can you imagine my surprise when I came across an Alice's teaparty being held right there!! The story is that Lewis Carroll got his inspiration to write Alice from time spent in the town where I live and that he sat next to the lake in that very park to write some of the story. I'd completely forgotten that when I went out but it made me think even more of Christi and you all.

Keep strong all of you & much love to you on Mother's Day Angela.

Nicky x

 
At 13/5/07 9:29 AM, Blogger Olivia said...

I am so glad to hear that the Tea Party went so well; I had no doubt it would. I can only imagine how difficult the day must have been for you all. No one should have to try to make sense of such a loss.

Christi really was everywhere. Even in NYC, I saw so many reminders of her.

Happy Mother's Day, Angela. There is nothing I can say to ease the pain of these days, but please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Much love,
Olivia

 
At 13/5/07 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found this poem on another site and thought you might enjoy it today. Always remember that you were the best mom Christi could have ever had!!!!

A Mother's Day Wish From Heaven

Dear Mr. Hallmark,

I am writing to you from heaven, and though it must appear
A rather strange idea, I see everything from here.
I just popped in to visit, your stores to find a card
A card of love for my mother, as this day for her is hard.

There must be some mistake I thought, every card you could imagine
Except I could not find a card, from a child who lives in heaven.
She is still a mother too, no matter where I reside
I had to leave, she understands, but oh the tears she’s cried.

I thought that if I wrote you, that you would come to know
That though I live in heaven now, I still love my mother so.
She talks with me, and dreams with me; we still share laughter too,
Memories our way of speaking now, would you see what you could do?

My mother carries me in her heart, her tears she hides from sight.
She writes poems to honor me, sometimes far into the night
She plants flowers in my garden, there my living memory dwells
She writes to other grieving parents, trying to ease their pain as well.

So you see Mr. Hallmark, though I no longer live on earth
I must find a way, to remind her of her wondrous worth
She needs to be honored, and remembered too
Just as the children of earth will do.

Thank you Mr. Hallmark, I know you’ll do your best
I have done all I can do; to you I’ll leave the rest.
Find a way to tell her, how much she means to me
Until I can do it for myself, when she joins me in eternity.

 
At 13/5/07 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I having been reading your story about Christi from a link from another site. I have never posted before but am always amazed at your strength. I wanted to share this birthday poem for you and your dear Christi. I found it off another site and thought you may want to read it.

My darling dear, forgive me, but I cannot tell a lie,
I'd much prefer to spend your birthday with you by my side,
But I'll tell you a little secret, I've never told a soul,
I heard it from a whistpering willow a long long time ago.

A birthday girl is special, but a birthday angel is devine,
To bestow their birthday wishes all the Saints all stand in line,
Every single angel, yes every single one,
Sings her Happy Birthday in choral unison.

Her candles are volcanoes,
Her balloons are shooting starts,
Her presents come from Earth and Sky and galaxies afar.

So Christi, please know we'll celebrate you unntil you're 97,
And if you'll be strong, we'll try too, 'cause (shhhh)...
The cupcakes are better in heaven.

 
At 13/5/07 10:02 PM, Blogger Laura's Mom said...

As we were walking in the Kids Walk for Kids with Cancer in Central Park, NYC, yesterday we were thinking of you. the party sounded delightful and a great tribute.
Sincerely, Mara in New Jersey
mother of angel Laura
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/laurastiles

 
At 14/5/07 7:30 AM, Blogger 4floridadillons said...

what a beautiful tribute to your precious daughter...
i so wish she could've been there to enjoy it with all of you...i am sure she was smiling down from heaven...
my the love of family and friends help ease some of your pain
jess
south florida

 
At 14/5/07 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simply awesome! What a huge turnout... then again, it's not that surprising knowing how dearly loved Christi is and will always be.

I can only imagine how emotional the whole weekend must have been. So Angela, I'm sure everyone more than understood if you weren't feeling overly chatty and weren't quite up to working the crowd. You are a special mom, hope you had a blessed Mother's day!

I'm glad Shayla went to the swimming party, she's a trooper. All my love to the Thomas team.

 
At 14/5/07 7:19 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Happy Birthday Beautiful Angel!

The event looks like it was so wonderful; I wish I could have been there. Thank you for continuing to share your journey with us. Please know I continue to keep you in my prayers.

 
At 14/5/07 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was in Oxford on Saturday randomly which is where Lewis Carroll lived, and passed a window with a model of Alice and the dodo - was already thinking of you all, but think that was definitely a special moment of noticing Christi.

Irene

 

Post a Comment

<< Home