Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Monday, May 07, 2007

Father Daughter Prom

Our thanks to the wonderful Girl Scouts and their Leaders for making this happen. As you can see, Shayne & Shayla had a lovely night together! THANKS!!





Out of all of the photos, there is only one orb - in this photo (right over Shayla's head). VERY cool!

Photo: May 2005 / Girl Scout Father / Daughter Prom
I cannot even imagine how hard it was for Shayne to take just one daughter to the prom, especially after he again spent time in Christi's room in the afternoon. I find it best just to keep her door shut and to pretend she's inside reading or working on an art project. He's a brave man!

11 Comments:

At 7/5/07 6:08 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Ahhh beautiful pictures! Shayla looks so happy.

I agree Shayne is a brave man. I'm sure you are missing Christi horribly every single day.

Sending you my love and prayers,
Heather

 
At 7/5/07 6:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! As always, Shayla looks gorgeous!! What a sweet event! Many hugs & prayers for the entire Thomas family. I wish I was able to attend the Tea this weekend, I bet it will be wonderful too!!

 
At 7/5/07 7:34 AM, Blogger Brigid and Celie said...

Hi Shayla! You look soooo beautiful! We're glad you had a great time with your Daddy - who looks very handsome, too!

XOXOXO
Brigid and Celie

 
At 7/5/07 7:39 AM, Blogger Olivia said...

Shayla, I love your pictures and I am so glad to hear you had a nice time at the prom. You look absolutely gorgeous!!

I hope the Tea Party preparations are going well. I have the poster hanging in my office as a reminder.

Thinking of you all,
Olivia

 
At 7/5/07 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shayla, you looked so beautiful for your father/daughter prom!

 
At 7/5/07 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shayla looks like a princess! Beautiful dress and setting!

 
At 7/5/07 2:08 PM, Blogger Emmers said...

Having a father daughter girl scout prom is so sweet and using the High School's set up is even better! I am going to pass this idea along to my council (i am an Assistant Director at a GS Camp in NJ)! Beautiful pictures!!

lots of love

Em

 
At 7/5/07 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shayla looks so cute! those decorations are amzaing the girl scout oprom must've been sooo fun!

 
At 7/5/07 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't imagine how hard it was for Shayne to only to take Shayla. I wish you guys alot of lot for this Saturday.

 
At 8/5/07 12:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shayla looks beautiful! I absolutely love the way she is posing in the pictures like a precious princess. Daddy looks great too! Seeing you with both of your amazing girls right above just you and Shayla makes me sad but also glad that you have those memories to cherish forever. There's actually a few small orbs in the picture of Shayla in the conga line to go along with the big and bright one above Shayla. Christi makes her presence known in amazing ways! *Stay Strong!*

Today marks one month since my doggie Torre and Austin Akin gained their angel wins.

 
At 8/5/07 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Thomas team is looking good! Oh, it hurts to think about how hard special events are, as they bring feelings of missing Christi to the fore...You are so strong for forging ahead. No matter how hard it is, you just keep going! I can see that's how you lived four years with Christi's illness, and that's how you are living day by day.

I'm glad Shayne and Shayla had a good time at the prom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home