Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Friday, May 04, 2007

Tea Party Update

With just ten seats left out of 140 for Christi's Teaparty we asked Eric to stop the ticket sales part of the donation site. If someone would still like to make a donation to Christi's Memorial Fund, that would be great; however, we won't be selling any more tickets on-line. (We don't want to oversell.) For those who ordered tickets on line, they just need to show up at noon at the Mohawk Country Club on Christi's tenth birthday - Saturday, May 12th. Those names were automatically generated to a list!

The Mohawk Golf Club generously donated a round of golf for four which will be put in the auction. Yesterday after school Shayla and I went to the library and borrowed "Alice in Wonderland" and we watched it last night. I also received an amazing package at school. Coming from a sweet quilter in Kentucky who had been following Christi's blog, we received an incredible tea party quilt. It's simply stunning! (Thanks, Kim!) I'll try to get a picture posted of it soon - along with some old birthday pictures of Miss Christi. It's so hard, being this time of year, and not being in the midst of planning something to do with her birthday. We are so grateful for everyone's love and support with this memorial tea party. It has really, really helped us with our grieving. Thank you!

The "Proper Party" ladies - Kristen and Kami, have done a fabulous job and I think everything is going to flow very nicely. Our friends from the Fremont Ballet School are not able to dance due to scheduling conflicts; however, Christi and Shayla's ballet and jazz teacher - Megan from Dance Unlimited, and possibly another teacher will be performing along with the Seneca East Show Choir! We're so blessed to have so many generous people working hard to make this event, held in Christi's memory, a success! THANK YOU!

I think the only sad part of the tea party will be when they ask everyone to sing "Happy Birthday" to Christi and to sing it really loud so she can hear it in Heaven. Of course, it reminds me of her birthday party when our family sang to her and she covered her ears pretending she didn't like it. Of course, check out that smile! I think she loved it!

8 Comments:

At 4/5/07 11:08 AM, Blogger Olivia said...

I have been thinking of you all so very much over the last few days. I can only imagine how difficult this month, and especially the coming days, will be for you.

I love that picture of Christi! And, yes, you can tell she loves the singing. :o)

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hugs,
Olivia

 
At 4/5/07 11:13 AM, Blogger Emmers said...

Gosh I wish I could be there!! Maybe next year - I just cant afford the trip to Ohio! We'll drink some sweet tea and toast in Honor of Christi on her birthday!

Always thinking of you and your wonderful family!

Love, Em

 
At 4/5/07 11:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Angie, Shayne & Shayla,
We are so excited for the Memorial Tea Party! Ashley and I are attending with my niece and her little girl! We can't wait!
I also wanted to let you know that my heart aches for you! I truly know what you are going through! All the special days are the hardest...especially all the 1sts! It DOES get a little easier each year....like a band-aid over your wound instead of an open sore. If that makes sense?!
Please remember that we are here for you if you need someone to talk or cry with!
We will see you next week!
Take care and God Bless!
Christie Dentinger

 
At 4/5/07 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet family, Hoping all is well and sweet angel its May where is the time going?? Love you all!!
Misty

 
At 4/5/07 1:19 PM, Blogger Nikking said...

I wish I could be with you guys for this very special celebration!!!!!! But, I will think of you! It is funny, I don't know you at all, but thanks to all of the time and effort you put in to this....I feel like I know you.

Tears started to swell in my eyes when I read the paragraph about singing "Happy Birthday" really loud to Christi so she can hear it in Heaven. I know she will hear it, not only will she hear it, but she will be watching in Heaven! She will see all the good you have done since she earned her Angel Wings! The Thomas Team has turned so much good out of this tragedy! The scholarships, the tea party, etc.

And, in the end, I appreciate my life so much more than I think I did before I started reading your blog. And, for that I thank you (and Miss Christi)!!!!! I don't imagine I could be half as strong as you and your family have been.....and it makes me that much more thankful for the things I have in my life. You all have touched my life SO MUCH! I can only imagine the HUGE amounts of other people whose lives you have touched with this blog.

Thank you for sharing all of your Christi stories! I LOVE reading this blog, and I had to tell you!

:)

Nikki

 
At 4/5/07 8:57 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Oh the Tea Party sounds like it will be delightful. Although I won't be there in person I shall sing Happy Birthday to Christi here and send her some ballons to Heaven.

Thinking of you always, praying and remembering sweet and precious Christi,

Heather

 
At 4/5/07 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made my olwn blog in honor and memory of Christi Thomas. She is so sweet and nice.

 
At 4/5/07 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christi looks too adorable! She definitely seems to be enjoying the singing yet trying hard not to let it show! :) I can't wait to see the picture of the quilt, I know it'll be beautiful. Stay Strong!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home