Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Banker's Retirement

Eric's New Venture: .....but after a great deal of soul-searching and personal reflection about what’s really important to me and the things I want to accomplish in my life, I have made the difficult decision that I need to make a change. For this reason, I am announcing my retirement from Monarch Community Bank and will be stepping down as its Regional President at the end of July to start my own business.

As many of you may know, I have helped close friends from Ohio over the past 4½ years in their struggle against cancer for their daughter, Christi. The website that I created for the family surpassed one million hits and despite her passing in September of last year, the “blog” site the family still updates on a regular basis attracts visitors from across the globe.

While I knew this event would change me somewhat, what I didn’t expect was Christi’s personal battle to cause me to question my own “purpose” and what I really should be doing with my talents and skills. At the time I was honored that I could use my love of technology and the Internet to help the family share their story with loved ones, friends and literally millions of others across the globe. I feel this is just the tip of the iceberg…

Nine months ago today, cancer killed Christi and I still cannot shake the ugly and horrific images of our suffering child from my mind. We will now take a break from the high temps. The past six weeks have been terribly difficult, the hardest months we've yet experienced, yet we know how fortuate we are to have received the loving support of many. We wish "Webby" the very best in his new venture and thank him for blessing our lives by sharing his gifts!

Playing at a Cincinnati Children's museum, age 4, 2002 (another treasured photo)

13 Comments:

At 19/6/07 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CT looks so cute I cant belive its been 9 months

 
At 19/6/07 2:06 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

Dear Thomas Team,

I cannot imagine your pain at this time. These anniversaries are always so difficult. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers. Christi was a gift to all of us. She inspired, and continues to inspire, so many of us to be better, kinder, and more appreciative of every moment with which we are blessed.

Sending many hugs,
Olivia

 
At 19/6/07 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck Eric! I know he'll continue to do great things to help others. He's such a great guy.
Christi looks adorable playing in the sand! *Stay Strong*

 
At 19/6/07 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Thomas Team,
I've not left a comment in awhile, so I thought it was time. First off - congrats to Angela for finishing your residency quarters! Best of luck as you continue to move through your program. Also, I just wanted to let you know that I keep you in my daily thoughts. My heart breaks for you as you continue to find how this new normal fits you.

warmly,
Brooke, from Logan, UT

 
At 20/6/07 4:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Eric, I wish you all the best -- what you've done with Christi's web site was amazing, and I know you have the potential to continue making that kind of impact.

Angela and Shayne, I am so sorry the last few weeks have been so hard. The 19th of every month looms. I pray for you every single day, and I think of you so often. Christi's picture is in my art studio, and I see it every day. I will never forget her amazing spirit. Love you, guys.

 
At 21/6/07 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't posted since since Christi passed nine months ago.
I can't believe how hard it hit me when she died. I can't even imagine what it has been like for her family.
I do admire how brave you all have been.
I love the picture of Christi & Shayla, very cute.
May God bless you all, I know Christi is watching over all of you.

 
At 22/6/07 10:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations Eric!! I hope that this new path leads you to happiness.

Staci in nj

 
At 24/6/07 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have stopped by here often to see how you are coping after the loss of your precious daughter, Christi. It's too bad that there isn't a manual on how to be a "bereaved parent". Our son, Jarrett, 17, died of melanoma 16 months ago. He was diagnosed at 13 and battled heroically for three years.

Please know that Christi is one of the children I think of each and every day along with our beautiful son.

Michelle Wansley Boston
caringbridge.org/visit/jarrettboston

 
At 25/6/07 4:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone,

I hope that you're managing to enjoy your break. The present time is very difficult for you - I can barely imagine how much butI do know from my own experience that it does ease somewhat & in time the difficult images of suffering will become more balanced with the better images of your gorgeous, brave girl. The positive iamges eventually become comforting instead of painful.

Like many others all around the world, I'm sending you every spare piece of love & strength that I have & am thinking of you and Christi each day.

Keep strong.

Much love

Nicky (England) xxx

 
At 25/6/07 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am still thinking of you. I hope you guys are doing okay.

 
At 26/6/07 9:00 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lehmann said...

I hope you are having fun on your trip! Miss you!!

 
At 28/6/07 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been over a week since you updated. I hope your are doing okay, and I think you should know that there still people who are thinking of you always.

 
At 29/6/07 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Angela and Shayne,
It is hard to believe it is nine months already, though I guess to you it seems longer. I'm sorry.
I hope despite missing Christie you will have a good break and have some fun times, you are allowed to enjoy yourselves you know that. You mustn't feel guilty, Christie wouldn't want you to, you know.
Best wishes to Webby, wishing him success in his venture. He has been doing a marvellous job here.
Take care,
Love Angela

 

Post a Comment

<< Home