Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Christi's Tribute


Four of Christi's former teachers and assistant teachers put together an incredibly moving tribute to Christi for Dance Unlimited's recital. The song they selected was also sung by Tiffany Grine at Christi's funeral. I'm sharing the words here in case anyone doesn't know the song and would like to read the words. The ladies were phenomenal doing ballet on pointe and they received a standing ovation. (It was very angelic!)

On Sunday afternoon I sat in the front row of the balcony, again crying like a fool. I sat beside the gentleman doing the DVDs. I asked him if it would be possible to get an electronic version of the girls' tribute dance so that I could put it on Christi's blog and he said he thought he'd be able to do that, but it won't be until August. If and when it's ready, I'll be so happy to share it here!

"To Where You Are" by Josh Groban

Who can say for certain
Maybe you're still here
I feel you all around me
Your memory's so clear

Deep in the stillness
I can hear you speak
You're still an inspiration
Can it be?
That you are mine
Forever love
And you are watching over me from up above

Fly me up to where you are
Beyond the distant star
I wish upon tonight
To see you smile
If only for awhile to know you're there
A breath away's not far
To where you are

Are you gently sleeping
Here inside my dream
And isn't faith believing
All power can't be seen

As my heart holds you
Just one beat away
I cherish all you gave me everyday
'Cause you are my
Forever love
Watching me from up above

And I believe
That angels breathe
And that love will live on and never leave

Fly me up
To where you are
Beyond the distant star
I wish upon tonight
To see you smile
If only for awhile
To know you're there
A breath away's not far
To where you are

I know you're there
A breath away's not far
To where you are.

My sister wrote:

The tribute was amazing! I felt like I got to see her dance again and I was
so impressed by the love and outpouring (again) of your community.

Hannan and Megan performed another lovely memorial dance for Christi, back in May, at her tea party fundraiser. THANK YOU!

We stopped at Christi's gravesite on the way out. We were all pretty
emotional after the tribute and it just felt good to stop at the cemetery.
The pinwheels and butterfly are so wonderful. They weren't moving much at
all when we initially got there. But by the time we were ready to leave
William asked if the pinwheels are to keep Christi from getting too hot? He
said that he really misses her and then we went to leave. During this time
the pinwheels blew like crazy. Almost as if waving good bye or for Will's
entertainment. I don't know. Gil and I both commented that we've heard
people say they "feel the presence" of a loved one and we both felt like
maybe she was there? William commented about half way home that he really,
really misses Christi and that he's sad. I know she'll always be special to
him, even though he's young.

7 Comments:

At 12/6/07 7:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

"To Where You Are" is such a beautiful, moving song that brings mte to tears every time. It's the song they played at my cousin's funeral - another young soul departed too soon.

The speech you gave at the Ritz was beautiful - just like your family. I know Christi was so proud of you at that moment.
I also wanted to let you know that even though I don't check in often, I still stop by at least 3 times every day.
Praying for you always

 
At 12/6/07 7:58 AM, Blogger Olivia said...

What a beautiful tribute to Christi. It would be great to see the video. And, I love, love, love that Josh Groban song. It makes me cry every time.

Much love,
Olivia

 
At 12/6/07 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela,

I have read your blog for a LONG time. I cannot tell you how much I admire you and your family and what an inspiration Christi is to my family. I check your blog everyday hoping to learn something new about one totally amazing girl. I get shivers when I see the pictures with the orbs, and it gives me hope that our children are really with us in spirit. I have written to you before and told you about my sweet daughter...she would have been 4 today (it is her birthday.) She died of a rare genetic disorder called Aicardi syndrome.

You are also an inspiration. I am so amazed at your fortitude to pursue your doctorate. I recieved my master's degree in music (vocal performance) and always wanted to pursue my doctorate but never did. We are now moving to Africa for an expat position with Chevron (my husband's job.) When we come back I am considering starting my doctorate.

The song you have on your webpage has such value to me. It was played at my daughter's funeral and I think it is a completely perfect song. I love the words and listen to it often.

This email has turned out longer than I had planned....but I just wanted to tell you how much I admire your family...and to tell you thank you for sharing Christi's story. What a truly amazing little girl. We will continue to follow her story while in Africa...she will have readers from ALL over the world.

Rachael Jantz
Houston Texas

 
At 12/6/07 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela,

I have read your blog for a LONG time. I cannot tell you how much I admire you and your family and what an inspiration Christi is to my family. I check your blog everyday hoping to learn something new about one totally amazing girl. I get shivers when I see the pictures with the orbs, and it gives me hope that our children are really with us in spirit. I have written to you before and told you about my sweet daughter...she would have been 4 today (it is her birthday.) She died of a rare genetic disorder called Aicardi syndrome.

You are also an inspiration. I am so amazed at your fortitude to pursue your doctorate. I recieved my master's degree in music (vocal performance) and always wanted to pursue my doctorate but never did. We are now moving to Africa for an expat position with Chevron (my husband's job.) When we come back I am considering starting my doctorate.

The song you have on your webpage has such value to me. It was played at my daughter's funeral and I think it is a completely perfect song. I love the words and listen to it often.

This email has turned out longer than I had planned....but I just wanted to tell you how much I admire your family...and to tell you thank you for sharing Christi's story. What a truly amazing little girl. We will continue to follow her story while in Africa...she will have readers from ALL over the world.

Rachael Jantz
Houston Texas

 
At 12/6/07 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christi will be there and in your hearts forever. I can't belive its been almost 1 year since Christi has died. =(**

 
At 13/6/07 12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those lyrics are beautiful. I'm sure you weren't the only one in there crying! I really hope we'll be able to view the video in August. The impact she has made on this world is so evident in many ways.

Will's comments were too sweet/precious! Children's minds are simply amazing. I hope Christi visits Will in his dreams or sends him a sign to let him know that she'll always be with her family. Stay Strong!

 
At 13/6/07 1:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, your posts the last few days have had me crying! I am so thankful that you shared all this. The dance tribute sounds absolutely amazing, and I so hope they can get it on the blog later this summer. Love you, sweet Thomas family.

Spring

 

Post a Comment

<< Home