Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Living the Spirit of Christi

**A sweet fellow dance parent sent me an electronic video this morning of the dance teacher's tribute captured at dress rehearsal on Friday. Eric's hopefully going to add it to the blog soon. I think you'll love the beautiful dance once you see it.**

Megan sent me the sweetest email. I'll include this:

I can't even imagine how hard this week must have been for you and Shayne. Even I had a really difficult time pulling myself together for this memorial dance. It did help me to choreograph it, however, as dance has always been my outlet. Before the dance on Saturday, Hannah, Heather, and I also started sharing "Christi stories" with each other and had each other laughing and crying at the same time. We have so many funny memories of her that won't soon be forgotten. Although it was a very emotional time backstage and in the audience, it just goes to show you how many people still love your little girl.



I'm going to share some of the sweet words written about Christi in this amazing young lady's application materials.

Through teaching dance, I have learned so much through all of my students, including Christi, but if I had to remember one thing about Christi and one lesson she has taught me, it would be to laugh often. As I think back to the times she was in my class, in the hallways, and at the Ritz, I really don’t think she ever stopped giggling! She was always so full of life and had an extremely contagious laugh. There were so many times when she would send her fellow dancers into hysterical laughing fits, as I would try to mask my own laughter in order to maintain control over my class. This was a quality that we should all strive for. After all, life is too short to be miserable all the time and we should all strive to enjoy life as much as this young child did.

The second way that she has inspired me is through my education. I am constantly inspired to do more and push myself harder as I think of all the children who didn’t get the chance to graduate, attend college, and be all that they could have been. I keep the bookmark that I received at Christi’s funeral in my SSR book for school. Everyday I look at her picture and am inspired to keep going and work harder. This includes my plans for higher education. She and I both love to learn, read and work hard.

I love to learn and will continue to balance my education, family, friends, and dance as I create a life for myself in a new chapter in my book of life. I know if I were to receive this scholarship I would be extremely honored and will strive to make Christi proud in my quest for representing her life and spirit and incorporating her many positive qualities into my life. However, even if I don’t receive this scholarship, I will continue to live her life’s example and will never forget the small child who inspired so many in her short years of life on earth.

5 Comments:

At 13/6/07 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautifully written, form the bottom of soul and heart,I so agree with everything. Christy will be so proud of all who have recived their scholarships. Although I live milion miles away form you, and I have never met Christy, I feel like I knew her, I try to live just like her, always smiling, no matter how hard it is, despite obstacles, always thinking about others, spreading unconditional care and love, being grateful of everything I have, seizing the day.


Thank you Christy!!!

Love, Oliwia (Poland)

 
At 13/6/07 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela,

Even tho this past week brought many tears, it must bring you comfort to continue to hear the positive influence Christi has on so many people.

I do pray there is healing for all your family in this process.

 
At 13/6/07 5:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Thomas Family,
Again, it has been a while since i left a message. i want you to know that i think of Christi often. I cannot wait to see the dance tribute!! the pictures are gorgeous..

I hope you are all doing as well as can be expected and i hope that Shayla is ready for summer!!

In my prayers always

Staci C.
Hamilton NJ

 
At 14/6/07 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christi and Megan look beatiful in those pictures! Thank you for sharing her sweet words. Stay Strong!

"Slow to Heal"

The cut has sliced so long and deep,
And yet the wound will not bleed.
It winds its way into my skin,
To pierce the heart contained within.

The pain it summons brings to mind,
Feelings of a happier time,
A time when you were here with me.
And yet the wound will not bleed.

I miss your voice, your face, and hugs,
Your touch and kiss, ne’erending love.
The tears have stained my reddened cheeks.
And yet the wound will not bleed.

My reason for being was found in you.
So what am I supposed to do?
To exist with this most unfilled need?
And yet the wound will not bleed.

But go on I must, for I sense you here
With me. Even after this year
Of pain and anguish and misery.
And yet the wound will not bleed.

I love you so, my favorite girl,
I wanted you to have the world
At your beckoning, you see!
And yet the wound will not bleed.

I now trust God to care for you,
Your mother and I to see us through.
"My Angel!" To the sky I scream.
And yet the wound will not bleed.

With this vow, my final creed:
(And yet the wound will not bleed).
You shall always remain inside my skin,
amid my heart, wrapped within!

©2000 by R. Scott Reedy

 
At 14/6/07 2:46 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

A Million Times

A million times we've needed you,
A million times we've cried.
If love alone could have saved you,
You never would have died.
In life we loved you dearly,
In death we love you still.
In our hearts you hold a place
No one else will ever fill.
It broke our hearts to lose you,
But you didn't go alone.
Part of us went with you,
The day God took you Home.

~Author Unknown (to me)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home