Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day

Once again, we tried very hard to pretend that it was NOT Father's Day today, because it's just too painful without Christi here. (Last year she sketched Shayne the most beautiful card - and I flew out with her early the next morning to CHOP.) This year we got up at 6AM and headed off to Maumee Bay State Park where Shayne competed in a triathlon. He's a gem - a rare and precious find! I'm so proud of him! A sweet family we know and love was there and Shayla had a ball playing with one of her friends from jazz class. I am so glad Shayla didn't have to play by herself today. That was a tremendous blessing!
Nice swim, dad! Now get on your bike.
Finished the swim, off on the bike!
Crossing the Finish Line!
Shayne celebrates with his mom (Grandma Nee Nee) after the race!

I'm also very thankful that Eric (WEBBY) finished his incredible 100 mile mountain bike race up in Michigan today. I was very concerned about him and the intense heat. We were relieved to receive a text from Eric telling us he made it and he even beat last year's time by nearly one hour - he finished 10 hours and thirty-two minutes. Go, Eric and most importantly THANK YOU for raising over $6,000 for the Children's Neuroblastoma Cancer Foundation. CONGRATULATIONS, ERIC!!

Tomorrow will be the start of yet another challenging week. Girl Scout camp starts and how I long to send off TWO daughters to camp. Christi really enjoyed her special time there with special people! All of these "firsts / without Christi's" are very hard. We thank the Lord and sweet people here on earth for getting us through.

10 Comments:

At 17/6/07 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christi is still with us no matter what.

 
At 17/6/07 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Shayne! He's an amazing dad, husband and just an overall great man. Happy Father's Day Shayne!


My Dad is a Survivor

My dad is a survivor too...
which is no surprise to me.
He's always been like a lighthouse
that helps you cross a stormy sea.

But, I walk with my dad each day
to lift him when he's down.
I wipe the tears he hides from others.
He cries when no one's around.


I watch him sit up late at night,
with my picture in his hand.
He cries as he tries to grieve alone,
and wishes he could understand.


My dad is like a tower of strength.
He's the greatest of them all~!
But there's times when he needs to cry...
Please be there when he falls.


Hold his hand or pat his shoulder...
and tell him it's okay.
Be his strength when he's sad,
Help him mourn in his own way.


Now, as I watch over my precious dad
from the Heaven's up above...
I'm so proud that he's a survivor...
And, I can still feel his love~!

Written by Kaye Des'Ormeaux

 
At 18/6/07 7:47 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Congratulations Shayne!! Way to go on an awesome tri!

I'm glad Shayla had a little playmate too.

Thinking of you and sending love and prayers,
Heather

 
At 18/6/07 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The firsts are the hardest, and the cuts are the deepest!!!
My prayers remain with you sweet Thomas family!
Megan in NC

 
At 18/6/07 2:54 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

I can only imagine how difficult Father's Day must have been without Christi by your side. I am sure she was quite proud of her dad's AMAZING triatholon efforts, though! Congrats, Shayne!

You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Much love,
Olivia

 
At 18/6/07 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! My name is Emma and I know Christi through here website! I think that Christi was an amazing kid and I was extremely sad to find out that she had passed away. I am not much older than her so it made me even more sad. She is a lot like me and I wish very much that I could have met her! i watched her funeral on her website and it was very beautiful but sad too!

 
At 18/6/07 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello again! I have read a lot of your blog and I think that it would be great for you to write a book about Christi! It would be a wonderful story to tell the whole world. I would definitely read it!

 
At 19/6/07 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Fathers Day...
From Your Angel In Heaven

Oh, Dearest Daddy...
What can I say today???
To help mend your broken heart...
On this Fathers day???

You know I would be there with you...
If only there was a way...
Although I am in Heaven now...
Its in your heart I will always stay.

Just like you were always there for me..
I will always be there for you..
Just look for a sign and you will see me..
In each sunrise...and each sunset too.

Remember the game we used to play??
"How much do I love you?" you'd say with a smile...
but this time MY arms are outstretched so far...
for my love for you goes on for miles and miles.

My love for you, daddy
will always be true...
you are the best daddy in the world..
and that includes the Heavens too!

So, I'm sending all my love
to you from Heaven today....
and remember I will be with you...
Just look for me on this Fathers day...

I love you daddy!
From your angel in Heaven above

 
At 21/6/07 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Emma, when the time is right it would be wonderful to write about Christi's life.
It would be such an inspiration for others.
Prayers are with you all.

 
At 27/6/07 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, shaynes awesome! haha.. you should definately write a book about Christi.. the world really needs to know how much of an amazing person she was!! hope you guys have had a great summer so far
xoxo Leah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home