Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Monday, June 18, 2007

Biking Banker Article

Supporting daddy as he competed in the International Highland Games in Glasgow, Kentucky (May 2002). Grandpa had this picture hanging up so I borrowed it and scanned it. This was taken just weeks before she was diagnosed. She ended up being very grumpy that day. We never thought she had a terminal illness, we attributed it to the fact that it was a terribly hot day. (Shayne's dad told me he liked this picture because he snapped it after I went to use the ladies room. He said Christi kept telling Shayla to stand still for the picture, but Shayla wouldn't do it. Imagine that! Hee hee!)


As I drove south to class this morning, I wondered how this summer's class would be. Soon I realized that I could count the number of classes I have to take yet on just one hand, so I ended up smiling the rest of the journey. Driving home I was again smiling as I think it's going to be yet another great one!

Tomorrow it will be nine months since Christi's death. I do not believe I've ever missed her more.

Shayla is having a great time at Girl Scout camp, despite temps in the high ninety's. Hopefully, the very high temps will break soon.

We're very proud of Eric. He raised nearly $7,000 for CNCF! What a gem! THANKS, WEBBY!

The article is very sweet Keeping Christi's Spirit Alive, Eric Races Again!

Michigan Banker Article Link

Make a Donation - Support CNCF

7 Comments:

At 18/6/07 8:42 PM, Blogger Caitlin M. said...

Hi Thomas team!
I attempted to leave a message last week but it did not seem to send! Anyway, I had to let you know what a beautiful performance that was that the dance studio performed in memory of Christi. Both the dancers and video clips of Christi are breath-taking!
I also was going to let you know that Christi's light shone all the way in Canada! Friday was the local Relay for Life (cancer walk) and I purchased a luminary for Christi. I will send you pictures soon. I decorated it a bit and made sure that flame stayed for long time! I know you likely have no idea who I am, but ever since June of 2005 when I found Christi's site, she has been a constant source of inspiration for me as my sister fought her own battle. As we are now in a place of uncertainty once again, I find myself reading back on previous Christi updates to get my daily dose of inspiration! Thank you for continuing to share your story. It means so much to us.
Caitlin
www.caringbridge.org/visit/julie

 
At 18/6/07 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eric is amazing! He continues to also do so much positive with such a negative situation, just as the Thomas Team continues to do. Stay Strong!

The girls look adorable in that picture. I can just picture Christi trying to get Shayla to stand still, too sweet.

This one of my favorite Christi quotes...

"Close by or far apart you hold a place in my heart!" Christi S. Thomas

 
At 19/6/07 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christi was just too precious for words. Thank you for sharing her with a stranger like myself. She is always in my thoughts & prayers, as is your family.
Debbie in St. Louis.............

 
At 19/6/07 7:26 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Thinking of you today sweet Angela, Shayne and Shayla.

May God be with you and give you His peace.

Lots of love and prayers,
Heather

 
At 19/6/07 8:29 AM, Blogger Olivia said...

As another anniversary passes, please know I am thinking of you all. I can only imagine how very much you miss Christi.

Thank you so much for continuing to share her with us.

Hugs,
Olivia

 
At 19/6/07 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

im so sorry about the hard times.. but i bet christi is at camp with shayla even though she's not there in person.. i think about you guys everyday!!
xoxo

 
At 29/6/07 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being a Girl Scout myself, helped out with the crafts at Girl SCout camp. Shayla is amazing! She was so paient and I was amazed at how polite she was. I couldn't name a single girls who was more polite than Shayla.
God bless!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home