Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Dance Orbs and Stray Cats


After looking at all of the dance pictures again this morning, I only see one orb. Interestingly noteworthy, the only orb I see is on the photo of Christi's two $1,000 scholarship winners. It's of her former teacher and assistant teacher.

When I went to bed last night, Shayne, his mom and Shayla were still sitting in the kitchen talking. I had just closed my eyes when I heard Shayne say, "Shayla, what did Christi say she would do if she could give us a sign that she was with us if she died first." Shayla said, "She said if we looked out and saw a strange cat then we'd know she was with us." Shayne said, "Well, there is a cat I've never seen before out in the yard." I could hear Shayla's little feet running across the floor and the front door open followed by a scream of delight. It was precious. This morning that cat is not here.

5 Comments:

At 10/6/07 1:03 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

My dear, dear, dear Shayla, you never cease to amaze me. I have to say that once I read of you seeing the strange cat in your garden, I had tears in my eyes. I am so glad you were able to see the cat!

And I must say, you look very, very cute in you pictures!

 
At 10/6/07 1:37 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

Don't think of her as gone away-
her journey's just begun,
life holds so many facets-
this earth is only one.
Just think of her as resting
from the sorrows and the tears
in a place of warmth and comfort
where there are no days and years.
Think how she must be wishing
that we could know today
how nothing but our sadness
can really pass away.
And think of her as living
in the hearts of those she touched...
for nothing loved is ever lost-
and she was loved so much.
E. Brenneman

 
At 10/6/07 3:57 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Amazing! I'm glad that Christi sent you a sign.

Shayla looks great in her dance pictures. I'm so glad the day was filled with love for you all.

Sending you much love and many prayers,
Heather

 
At 11/6/07 12:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! Shayla looks too cute. I'm so glad that Shayla and Shayne got to witness the stray cat. I remember reading about Christi saying that. I always think of your beautiful angel Christi whenever I see stray cats around my neighborhood. I bet Buttercup and Buckeye miss their mommy as much as she misses them, although I know their aunt Shayla is taking great care of them. I'm sure Christi takes care of lots of cats in heaven and I bet she can't wait to be reunited with her cats. Stay Strong!

 
At 12/10/07 7:31 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Dear Thomas Family,
I have literally been drawn to your Christi's blog and website and I cannot begin to say how I have found it. I know this post was from a while ago but your post on orbs have broght me to tears..again!
My cousins little boy Tyler got his angel wings Oct 19, 2006 after a long battle with NB. Currenlty, my friend is fighting a rare form of cancer and she is now reading your postings. I think initially it was hard for her but your postings with pictures of orbs I think have been something good for her to see. I just want to say thank you for all you have done and continue to do for your Christi, your family, and other familes with children whi have NB or cancer in general, you are all wonderful. Thanks again!
Kimberly McDermott

http://frigglefrumpfrump.blogspot.com.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home