Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Dance Unlimited Orbs

As I'm exhausted, yet unable to sleep thinking about the recital, I sit here looking through the pictures I took at dance rehearsal tonight. I didn't notice the orbs earlier, but I've lightened this photo so show how they're now jumping out at me (just on the pictures of the Christi Tribute, no others). Christi adored all of her dance teachers. Late last night, I ran out and bought single white roses to give to each teacher. I don't know how I'm going to get them to the ladies, or if I even will, (or if I'll have Shayla do it since I often use her for my "cop out" to get things to CT's friends) but I thought they'd go well with their beautiful angelic like costumes.

CT's first recital (age 5.1, year 2001)
Tonight, Shayne is planning to announce the scholarship winners, but first I'm planning to say thank you to Dance Unlimited, Bob and Mary Jo and I hope to say a few words about what Dance Unlimited means to us. Those who know me, know that I always have a typed "speech" or at least outline ready to go. As of now, I have yet to do that. It's the first time I've not been able to get myself together to do this. I'm wondering if that means I'm going to back out tonight or if it will come together for me some time soon. I can't even begin to explain how highly we think of our Dance Unlimited family. I'll never forget this hectic week and yet Bob always managed to still run over to Christi's Lemonade Stand. Amazing! Yesterday, I received many kind words and hugs from many sweet moms. I also received the most lovely card letting me know the dance family is thinking of us during this difficult time. I guess no one would question why we love these people so much!


Bob Murry wrote a beautiful poem, "in memory of our little dancer, Christi Thomas". It is printed in the program book:



A whisper of a little girl,
Too soon we had to part;
Dance through our memories,
Dancing through our hearts.

A smile that glowed for all the world,
A voice forever kind;
Dancing through our memories,
Dancing through our minds.

You never questioned your life’s plan,
The pain your days had brought;
Dancing through our memories,
Dancing through our thoughts.

May each of us feel your joy’s song,
Each day when we arise;
To keep us dancing through our years,
Keep dancing through our lives.

"The End" (June 2004)

We simply cannot believe that Bob and Mary Jo are retiring and moving away. We totally understand their desire to be closer to their children and grandchildren, yet we will miss them terribly. "Thanks for the Memories"! Best wishes, much love and congrats to you on your retirement!

3 Comments:

At 9/6/07 5:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Angela

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts and the happenings of the Thomas Team. Christi's website ensures we folk lucky enough to have our children here with us on earth never take a moment with them for granted. This comes with a prayer for Christi dancing in Heaven, with another prayer for you, Shayne and Shayla that God will comfort you and with another prayer for all of those brilliant scientists working towards eradicating cancer. God Bless from Australia :)

 
At 9/6/07 9:08 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

I love all of the pictures you have posted recently, Angela. Christi's love of dance and of this special weekend is so evident. The dance tribute and poem are beautiful and fitting of Christi's spirit. Thank you so much for sharing.

I am thinking of you all during these difficult times.

Shayla, I hope you had a great time at the recital!

Much love,
Olivia

 
At 10/6/07 12:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I noticed the orbs last night, Christi is simply amazing! Bob Murry's poem "in memory of our ltitle dancer, Christi Thomas" is so precious! It's definitely one of the sweestest poems I've ever read. Every word is simply perfect. Christi will forever continue to dance through your lives. Stay Strong!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home