Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Friday, November 30, 2007

16th Wedding Anniversary

(Photo: Nov. 30, 1991 - As I look at all of the sweet friends and family in this photo, I am moved by the kindness, love and support they've all so lovingly continued to give us over so many years! Blessed we are!! My mom recently reminded me of a song that was played during our wedding reception which had the words "We're gonna make it through the hard times." She said that has been so true.) Sixteen years ago this afternoon, I became the luckiest wife in the world as I recived the most wonderous title one could ever hold - Mrs. Shayne Thomas! Thanks for still loving me, Shayne. I am most unworthy!
(Photo: December 2005 on the 3 night Disney Cruise - the cruise Christi talked about just before going into the coma. As she said how much fun it was and talked about the various things she did; we felt that that overpriced vacation was suddenly worth every single penny! Today's advice: Make Memories!! Book that trip!!)

DISNEY CRUISE PICTURES FROM DEC. 2005: A month later she was very ill and soon bald.



Shayla’s Funny: A few weeks ago Shayla came up to my classroom after
school with a little smile on her face, yet declaring, “Today was the
worst day ever.” I asked her what happened and she told me in the
morning, when it was time to sign up for what you wanted for lunch, she
saw the word “ham” and then saw an “s” in the second word so she assumed
it meant they were making “ham salad sandwiches” for lunch. When she
got to the cafeteria she learned that it was “Breakfast for Lunch Day” -
her favorite lunch. Not only did she not get the ham SLICE but also the
French toast sticks because they were both concerned the main entrée for
the day. I asked her what she learned from that and she told me to read
the whole menu before signing up for a peanut butter sandwich. What a
hoot!!

5 Comments:

At 30/11/07 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shayne & Angela,

Happy 16th Anniversary. You guys have been through so much. You are so strong together. I hope you have a wonderful night together and Christi is right there with you.

Shayla,

You are to funny young lady. I am so glad to see you doing so well. You are the best little sister anyone could ask for.

 
At 1/12/07 3:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 16th Anniversary! The two of you are a perfect match in many ways, here's to 16 (and many more) years! Your mom is definitely right about the two of you making it through the (very, very) hard times. I know your amazing angel has made her presence known to help you through the roughest of times in the last 14.5 months. Love and miss you angel Christi!

 
At 1/12/07 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello.. I have been checking in on your site periodically for about 1 1/2 years, and I have continued ro keep your family in my prayers. I saw today that your wedding anniversary is Novemeber 30th, as is mine!! We just celebrated 5 years. Happy Anniversary.

 
At 1/12/07 10:42 AM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Congrats on your anniversary!Hope you both were abe to get some personal time together. Maybe a romantic dinner,movie? Whatever, as long as you took some time out and celebrated.
I always appreciate your advice/ tips. I am so thankful that you all had that memorable experience of going on the cruise. What wonderful memories. I am sure they sustain you during your rough moments.
As always, Iw ill continue to pray for you all. Take care and God bless!

Kimberly

 
At 12/12/07 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, Congratulations on your anniversary, I wish you many more happy years together.
Don't they feed the kids proper food at school? Do they get at least 5 portions of fruit and vegetables a day to eat? (more if possible!) If they are having peanut butter sandwiches or breakfast for lunch at school I doubt it!!! Wake up America!!! Healthy food for kids!
Take care,
love Angela

 

Post a Comment

<< Home