Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving

Shayla fell in love with this darling dog yesterday before the Thanksgiving dinner. I know, just like Christi, she too is an "animal lover".

(PHOTO: 2001 - Mom and I celebrate our birthdays together, Nov. 19th)

It was great to see everyone for Thanksgiving and thankfully, after the morning was over, it wasn't quite as challenging for me. I couldn't watch the Macy's parade (or any other for that matter) because it reminded me of staying at the Philly Ronald McDonald House on Thanksgiving of 2003.

(PHOTO: Macy's Parade 2003) Wednesday night arrived and slowly, one-by-one, staff and volunteers left the house and we soon realized that it appeared we were the only family stuck at the house for the holiday. Shayne asked if I was ok with the girls and he headed out the door. Later he was back with TRAIN TICKETS to go to NYC to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade the next morning. It was wonderful! I've yet to be able to watch that amazing parade without choking up and I just figured that would have pushed me over the edge yesterday, so I worked on a paper for one of my classes instead. (This quarter - and my work for it - cannot end soon enough!)

Today, at mom and Joe's, I scanned about 40 photos of Christi that mom had taken over the years. I still believe my photos are my most prized possessions and I am so blessed to have them as they remind me of happy days, most of them before Christi wad diangosed back in 2002. Again my message for today is grab your camera and snap away!!

Tomorrow, after our church pictures are taken, we will head to the special dance store to get Shayla's first pair (hopefully not last) of pointe shoes for ballet as she will go on pointe in January. I know the fitting at the sotre will not be without tears. I VIVIDLY remember that January night in 2006 when after school we went to buy Christi's. She felt so grown up and loved all of the special attention they gave her while determining just the perfect size of shoe she needed. Sadly, she only wore those shoes twice - 15 minutes at the end of two lessons. (They spent more time hanging from her IV pole, but.....I will just pray Shayla's good health continues and that her new dance shoes will never see an IV pole.)
(PHOTO: Shayla, Christi and their Cousins, Xmas 2001)

8 Comments:

At 24/11/07 6:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Thomas Team. Just a quick note to say thinking of you over the Thanksgiving weekend. Angela, you have taught me that there can never be too many photos of my children and I wear my 'Kodak Mum' tag with pride. Funnily enough, my Mum has just upgraded her digital camera so she can snap more as she's learned from me that you never know what little everyday thing will produce a priceless memory and an amazing photo. Good night from Australia...Michelle

 
At 24/11/07 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh goodness. When I saw that picture of Shayla and the doggie, without reading your comment on it, at first I thought it was HER dog. Hehe. Glad it's not... I don't thing Buckeye and Buttercup would be all to happy about THAT.

Glad you all got it throught the day okay...

HUGS!

-Micaela

 
At 25/11/07 5:09 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

I was thinking of all of you this weekend, and praying that the day was as "gentle" on you as possible.

I love the picture of the girls with their cousins.

And Shalya looks great with the puppy- she's getting so grown up! I hope her ballet lessons to go on pointe go well.

With all my love and prayers,
Heather

 
At 25/11/07 5:19 PM, Blogger 4floridadillons said...

i was heeding your advice, and took pictures of my kids doing everyday things...last week doing homework and then just after they were tucked into bed...
they said "mom you are weird", but i am thankful that i have these pictures of the "ordinary"...

my thoughts and prayers to your family as the holidays are approaching...
jess dillon
south florida

 
At 25/11/07 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My pictures are probably my most treasured posession.

And - I just realized that you are 40 Angela. If I look as good as you do, I'd consider myself to be VERY lucky.

And, we included Shayla in our prayers tonight. That her dance shoes never meet an IV pole.

I hope you made it through the fitting.

Your Favorite Buckeye fan,
~Laura Hickman

 
At 26/11/07 2:42 AM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Angela-

So sorry the holidays are rough. I wish there was something I could say to help. I am humbled by you and your families strength and love for each other. You all are wonderful such people. I am glad you got out there and had Thanksgiving.

As far as that dog Shayla is holding....I can see why she fell in love. Those ears....to die for...what a cute dog!

Kimberly

 
At 26/11/07 8:50 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

My thoughts are with all of you. I know the holidays can be a very difficult time. Thank *you* for sharing Christi with so many. I know my life is certainly the better because of it. Shayla is a true gem and I am constantly in awe of her many talents and her very kind heart. You're simply one of the most beautiful families I know.

Much love & many hugs,
Olivia

 
At 27/11/07 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Giving thanks for Christi and the Thomas Team!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home