Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, July 06, 2008

African Wildlife Safari Park

This is where we took Shayla to spend our Fourth of July morning. It was a blast! The girls have always loved this place, so close to Grandma's. (And for Christi's tea party fundraiser last year, they donated four admission tickets!) I'm certain there must be another "drive thru" feed the animals plus zoo park somewhere, but I have no idea where. To us, this is a "no where else in the world" park.







One of Christi's first trips to "Feed the Animals", shortly before diagnosis. (Summer of 2002, age 5)
Christi's final trip to "African Wildlife Safari Park" in Port Clinton, July 2006 - age 9. My how she loved it there, a place we nicknamed the "Feed the Animals Zoo"

4 Comments:

At 6/7/08 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would be African Lion Safari in Cambridge Ontario (about 1/2 an hour from my house)! If you ever come to Southern Ontario, we'll take you there!!!! We were there just this week also. It's great. It has lions, tigers, rhino's. No open windows there! LOL

Tracey, Phil, kayla and Josh

 
At 7/7/08 6:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is another one in Ontario Canada near Toronto. It is such a fun place! Glad Shayla had a great time.

 
At 7/7/08 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to ask you a question about this park. My husband and I wanted to take our 4 kids there but he is hesitant becuase we always here stories about damage to cars when going through there. Have you ever had any damage to your car? I think my kids (ages 9, 4, 4, and 4) would LOVE this place!! Thaks so much!!
Kim

 
At 9/7/08 10:01 PM, Blogger Jenni Renee said...

Wow I have kept up with your blogs for awhile now and after reading about this I think i am defiately going to have to talk my sister into taking me. :0) Thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home