Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I still can't believe my dad died 12 years ago this afternoon. Thankfully, I was busy teaching at that time today and didn't realize the time of his passing until class was over. I wish I would have at least had the opportunity to tell him goodbye as I was able to do with Christi. I can't help but wonder what he would have been like. I really miss him and wish he could be enjoying Shayla's activities, sitting beside the rest of us. Instead I hope he's giving Christi dune buggy rides and horseback / piggy back rides like he always enjoyed doing for the kids. (PIC: 1991 Dancing the Father/Daughter Dance to "Daddy's Little Girl". I remember him telling me how much he liked that I picked that song for us to dance.)

I was surprised by two of the students in the class I'm teaching for Heidelberg right now. One was Christi's infant care provider at day care. Oh, how I hated having to work and leaving her there five days a week. I've now been told that is a natural feeling. Because Shayne worked in town he was able to go and visit with Christi during his lunch break and he often would. I remember taking off as soon as school was over so that I could go and pick her up. (PIC: Picking Christi up after school, ahhhhh!!!)

Another student is wearing an "Alex's Lemonade Stand" bracelet. She went to Christi's lemonade stands on campus! The lemonade stand is in the back of the classroom. Heidleberg is absolutely amazing! I'm hopeful we'll be able to make another donation this fall to assist with their education program. I don't think I ever realized my friend, Lori, in this picture. She's fixing Christi's hair! I love it! Not only did her classes arrange for all of this to happen, but she drove to Christi's school to get her for me since I had to work and she fussed over her hair, knowing how much it would have bothered me if it had looked messy! Thanks, Dr. Arnold-Grine! You rock!

2 Comments:

At 30/7/08 1:32 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

My heart goes out to you, Angela. i have no doubt that your father is there with you always.

Sending many hugs,
Olivia

 
At 30/7/08 3:20 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Those are some sweet memories! Thanks for sharing!

Kimberly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home