Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

This morning I asked Shayla for a favorite Thanksgiving memory of Christi. Shayla told me they used to play that they would have Thanksgiving with their animals (stuffed and plastic). Probably my most treasured Thanksgiving memory is when we were stuck in Philly over Thanksgiving, staying at the Ronald McDonald House, and Shayne bought us train tickets to ride up to NYC to see the Macy's Day Parade. We knew Shayla (four at the time) wouldn't understand why we couldn't also go to the other side of the city that day to visit with her friend, Veronica, so we told her we were going to "Macy" to watch a parade. Now that we've told her the story she thinks it's hilarious that she didn't really know she was in NYC for the parade that day.

I believe this is the first year I can actually say, "Happy Thanksgiving" and not just "It's Thanksgiving". This isn't to say I don't miss Christi terribly, but it's not the stabbing pain the 2006 and 2007 Thanksgiving holidays brought. Here are some pictures of Christi "oldies but goodies" that were all taken around Thanksgiving.

2002 -Two months after diagnosis, proudly posing with a JOKE book she wrote.
In 2004 we flew to Arizona to visit with relatives for the holiday. At the Mesa Children's museum the girls had a grand time playing in a dance/theatre style exhibit.

PS: Swiffer is doing so much better this morning. We really can't believe it. Shayla checked on him about every 45 minutes yesterday and kept cutting up fruits and vegetables for him. I think she'd make a great nurse, but she wants to be an actress.

4 Comments:

At 27/11/08 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving. Hoping Swiffer is healed through sweet Shayla's care (by the way, I think Shayla should be a nurse and an actress;)

 
At 27/11/08 10:11 AM, Blogger Olivia said...

Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures and memories, Angela.

I'm so glad to hear Swiffer is doing better!

Many hugs and a Happy Thanksgiving!
Olivia

 
At 27/11/08 4:35 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Happy Thanksgiving Angela, Shayne, Shayla and Angel Christi!

I'm so glad that Swiffer is doing better.

I'm so thankful for all of you! You've enriched my life in inmeaursable ways!

Love,
Heather

 
At 28/11/08 11:46 AM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Angela-

I am so happy to hear yo have the "Happy" back in your Thanksgiving! That is wonderful.

I jst finished reading "90 Mintes in Heaven" (a New York Times Bestseller). My best friend past away this past Agst and I have been struggling. I happened upon this book and now realize it was God's will I found it. It is a qick and easy read. But very uplifting. I now have a sense of peace that I had not had in some time.

I am sre yo are bsy with all your other work but I think you would appreciate it.


Blessings-

Kimberly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home