Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Another Discovery

Each time I discover something of Christi’s, or find something new, it feels like the greatest treat. It also brings me sadness knowing I’ll most likely never have a new discovery ever again. While cleaning out a basket in the basement over the weekend, I found two sealed letters with stamps on them. Now I’m not certain if Christi wrote them as a 3rd or a 4th grader, but after analyzing one, I think they were written as a third grader. One had the name of one of her classmates, in my handwriting, on the outside. I opened that one realizing I must have told her I would mail it off for her and then I never did. While her letter was written in darling handwriting with many spelling and grammar errors, this is what it said:

Dear Cody, What is your favorite holiday? My favorite holiday is Christmas. I like it because of the snow and Santa Claus. Once I wrote him a letter and he wrote me back. One of my friends tried to tape him, but it ran out of film. I can tell you at school. I saw the real Santa. Not on the street. When I was a baby, I saw him.

I made a copy of that precious letter and then gave Cody (now one of my beloved students) his letter at school, explaining why I opened it and that I know she’d still want him to have it. She really, really liked her classmates. I just wish she were still going to classes with them. Now I’ve not yet opened that other sealed envelope containing her return address and a stamp. I think it’s like I’m savoring it. I wonder who it is for, why I didn’t mail it and when I’ll have the courage to open it up. Whatever the answers, I’m certain it’ll move me to tears, just as the one to Cody did.

This video of Christi is not the greatest, nor very exciting but it shows her in the hospital at CHOP about 10-14 days before her death. She was opening a sweet card that had been mailed to her. I do not remember who sent it, but I am so appreciate for all of the love that surrounded her, giving all of us comfort during our most horrific times.

I just pulled up this picture and Shay walked by and asked, "Why is Christi crying on Santa's lap?" I said, "That's not Christi." "What? That must be me! Why am I crying on Santa's lap? What did he say about that?" It's so hard to believe she will be TEN in about a week! We do have a most incredible week planned. I can't wait!

5 Comments:

At 4/2/09 9:11 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

Thank you so much for sharing, Angela. Christi is with you in so many ways.

I look forward to hearing all about next week.

 
At 4/2/09 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the video says ashley, shelby william, tina and gil sent the card.:)
love
meg

 
At 5/2/09 4:09 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

What a sweet letter Christi wrote! Thanks for sharing the video.

 
At 5/2/09 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris Cornell writes song with fan who lost his 6 year old daughter....
Current mood: loved
Category: Life



..


Chris Cornell writes new song with fan:

(this post has been copied from Chris Cornell's blog or bulletin)
Chris
Cornell has written and recorded a new song, "I Promise It's Not
Goodbye", with lyrics by fan Rory Dela Rosa. You can hear the song
streaming at chriscornell.com.

One of Rory's carers had this to say about the song:

"I have the greatest honor of spending every day with the lyricist of this new
song. What you all do not know is just how deep this song actually goes
and the basis behind it's importance. I have been given permission from
Rory to speak about his situation. Rory lost his 6 year old daughter,
Ainslee to Cancer this past April. After having to endure such a tragic
loss, Rory, himself was diagnosed with non-operable Cancer just 4
months later. When Rory became my patient and more importantly my
friend, I asked him what his final wish would be. He expressed the need
to tell Chris Cornell how much his music impacted his life and of the
bond it helped create for him and his daughter...often times Chris'
music is what made Ainslee smile throughout her battle with cancer.
This goes way BEYOND a fan making a song with an artist. Chris has
truly opened his heart for Rory...something he never had to do. For
everything that is missing for Rory, Chris has played a major part in
filling the holes... as there are many. Chris Cornell is truly an angel
on this earth...and nothing makes me more happy than to see Rory smile.
I now find myself day-dreaming of the day when I get to witness Rory
hug his hero...whenever that will be. So please as you listen to this
song..know that this was written in a Daddy's anquish....say a prayer
for Rory, his wife Connie and their son, Zavier. And Chris...from me to
you....my cup runeth over...you are a rare breed and thank you for
loving my friend."

Read Rory's lyrics below:

I Promise It's Not Goodbye

Mommy, please don't cry
I'm as safe as I can be
I know you miss me so
But I've finally been set free
If you find that you need me
I'll be waiting right here
To help you get through
And take away all your fear
I love you so much mom
But it's time for me to fly
I'll visit you every night
I promise it's not goodbye
Bubba, please don't cry
I'm still your best friend
We will always be together
There'll never be an end
I hope you don't forget
The games we loved to play
Keep me in your heart
And forever I will stay
I love you so much brother
But it's time for me to fly
I'll visit you every night
I promise it's not goodbye
Daddy, please don't cry
I am still here everyday
It may not be the same
But beside you I still lay
When you think of me tonight
Hold me tight in your mind
If you ever again need me
I won't be hard to find
I love you so much daddy
But it's time for me to fly
I'll visit you every night
I promise it's not goodbye

 
At 5/2/09 10:31 PM, Blogger IS Teacher said...

I can't wait, either!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home