Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

(PIC: Shayla with her new AG outfit made by Christi's sweet "Chemo Angel" Chris. She's so talented!) All is well here! Busy, but that is a wonderful thing as far as I’m concerned. Also, having a student teacher from Heidelberg (who is wonderful) right now has given me more time as I’m not grading papers and planning lessons as much. It's nice to be a guide on the side and to assist him. Therefore, now that I have more time, I’ve vowed to myself that I will get Christi’s cemetery plaque ordered soon, very soon. I owe it to her and I'm sorry it's taken me over two years to do it. I'm still not "ready" but hey - who would ever be ready to do such a ridiculous thing?!

Shayla is having a great week. She is such a delight! I’ve been enjoying the interviews I’ve been conducting in the evenings with national board teachers from around the country. Writing the analytic memos and beginning to do data analysis is time consuming, but I'm still at the point where I'm absolutely loving it all! (All of my doc friends have told me that will soon subside.)

Shayne was out of town for a few days this week for work. It always makes me very appreciative to be married to such a wonderful husband. It also makes my heart go out to single parents as I can only imagine how difficult that must be. I will never forget the many single parents trying to make ends meet and also take care of their very ill child. Unfortunately, we met way too many of them during our years of caring for Christi.

Shayla received this incredible ballet barre at Christmas. Shayne had been working very hard to turn half of our little basement into a "dance studio" for her.
I love the floor and the mirrors. Shayne finished it to this point about a month ago. Shayla has been spending hours dancing (and jump roping) in the basement each week since then. She is one loved little gal!

We really enjoyed our time with Christi's Webby (sweet Eric) and his beautiful wife on Sunday. Eric challenged Shayla to some wii games which she loved!

Wednesdays are Shayla's favorite school day because she gets to spend the day with her gifted class. She has an AWESOME teacher
Today, Shayla was able to share her knowledge of the Mayan culture with her class. She spent a lot of time with her sweet daddy getting her presentation ready and her teacher took a bunch of pictures for me and told me in was incredible. Shayla said it was so much fun sharing all she learned about the Mayans with her school friends.

8 Comments:

At 25/2/09 8:35 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

Shayla, you are incredible and so very gifted in so many ways. I'm inspired to do a lot more after reading this entry (and I will once I kick this pneumonia!)

Loads of love!
Olivia

 
At 25/2/09 10:02 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

Oh my gosh, Shayla's outfit for her presentation is ADORABLE!!

And having to do what you have to do is very hard, and there are some parents that I know of who haven't gotten around to it in way more than 2 years, so don't be too hard on yourself. :-)

-Kristen in NC

 
At 26/2/09 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please do not be hard on yourself about Christi plague.
My best friend lost her only 2 children this summer in a horrible automobile accident. It has been almost 1 year and she still can not bring herself to order the plague. She always says'"It's the last thing I will ever be able to do for my girls after I have the plague that's it I have nothing left to do as a parent".
It's all right that you have not ordered it yet. :) God Bless in all you do..Blessings,Jennifer

 
At 26/2/09 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are beautiful!!!!!!!!

Kiss.
Isabel

 
At 26/2/09 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look how sweet Buckeye looks in the corner there. Christi had a knack for choosing names. I can't help but think that if she had had children one day, their names would have been quite unusual. "If it's a boy, how about Hank?" she might've thought, after her favourite book series. I don't know what she would've chosen for a girl. Maybe "Belle"? or "Bella?"

 
At 27/2/09 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shayla you are too cute whith your clothes and speaking like a teacher. Really cute !

 
At 27/2/09 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shayla you are too cute whith your clothes and speaking like a teacher. Really cute !

 
At 28/2/09 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SOmehow I missed this blog entry! Shayla, you look absolutely adorable in that outfit you wore when you did your school presentation! I love your new basement studio, too! What a sweet daddy you have, to do that for you! I am sure you're dancing up a storm down there! I would imagine we will see an orb one of these days in a photo taken in the dance studio/basement, as I'm sure Christi would've loved to have been dancing there with you!

Glad you enjoyed "Webby's" and Alisha's visit -- look how adorable the cats are, sprawled in the midst of the Wii excitement!!! Too cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home