Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

I don't know how she did it, but she finished my Mother's Day gift - here it is! I LOVE IT!! THANK YOU, sweet Shayla!



I had a perfect Mother's Day! Watching Shayla ride is always such a treat and yesterday it was a surprise too. After taking Skeeter all the way down the lane, she returned with a surprise I didn't even see. She had a little lillac hidden behind her back for me. I love the smell of lillacs. We were also able to visit with Shayne's mom last night. It's always great to see her.
Thanks for a perfect day, Miss Shay!

Thankfully, Christi's Uncle Gil went to the cemetery yesterday to visit with dad and Christi because I just couldn't do that. He also left a gift for Christi's birthday with us. Shayla wants to open it. I'm actually dreading that, but we will.....tomorrow on her birthday. Ergh! (Shouldn't she be opening her own present?)

Three generations: Baby Shayla with her grandma Nee Nee (Shayne's mom) and her recently deceased great grandma. Photo taken in 1999.
Shayla made this Mother's Day card for me last year, 2008
I think she was surprised when I pulled out her handy work from last year.
This year, I also received a decorated envelope. Check this out - simply gorgeous!

8 Comments:

At 12/5/09 11:13 AM, Blogger Olivia said...

Shayla, you are too sweet!

I am glad you had a nice day, Angela. I am thinking of you todayand sending many hugs to you. You're right, Christi should be opening her own gifts. We miss her so much!

Loads of love,
Olivia

 
At 12/5/09 12:49 PM, Anonymous Amber Furniss said...

Angela - Here is the link to a video i made for christi's 12th birthday , i hope you like it as much as i did !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z4xIzkACv4

 
At 12/5/09 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you all, and especially Christi in heaven for her 12th birthday. :(
So glad you had a nice mother's day Angela. Shayla's art work is beautiful. What a special young lady she is!

 
At 12/5/09 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela,

Glad you had a good Mother's Day...I won't even try to imagine how hard it is and will always be without Christi right there sharing in all the fun and joy. I guess time does not heal all wounds. You are a sweet mom to two beautiful girls, and nothing will ever change that!

Shayla, as always, is looking fabulous. She looks like such a natural on a horse! She is a real sweetheart.

I've been thinking of Christi today, on the blessed day of her birth. My heart goes out to the Thomas Team! Prayers for strength and comfort.

 
At 12/5/09 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Christi,

Rest in peace,

Irene xxxx

 
At 12/5/09 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 12th Birthday to the one and only amazing angel Christi! You're forever loved and missed sweet girl.

 
At 12/5/09 9:55 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

Just stopping by to wish sweet Christi a very happy 12th birthday in heaven. Sending many hugs today. -Kristen

 
At 12/5/09 10:59 PM, Blogger Linda said...

There are no words that I can type that will make today any easier for you and your family. Please know that you all are in my thoughts and my prayers. Happy Birthday, Christi! May you spend this day dancing in Heaven safely in God's arms.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home