Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Interesting

(Pic: My newly decorated office door - from "Upper Case Living")

BGSU needed a few more "university mentors" to help with observing and supervising some of their students' in the schools. Since my fall schedule is so light, I volunteered. When I received my assignment a few weeks ago I was shocked by the first name on my paper - "Christi" although not spelled the same way, but very, very close. Today I went to the school for the first time and it was "freaky" - the school is awesome what was freaky was meeting my student, the one with the same name as our daughter. She has blonde hair, blue eyes and is tall and thin. Wild! I could only think Christi would have it no other way - the very first student teacher mommy gets to supervise is named CHRISTI! I can hear Christi's little giggle right now, oh how I miss that giggle! I wonder what she would have grown up to be if only we could have killed the evil beast before it killed her.

2 Comments:

At 29/9/09 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a blessing that there are sweet reminders of Christi in ways that you wouldn't expect.
What a beautiful sign for your office door Angela!

How very lucky "Christi" is to have YOU as her mentor & superviser in her student teaching.

 
At 1/10/09 6:56 PM, Anonymous Kathy Merriman said...

I stumbled upon Christi's website last night --I couldn't stop reading--every word, every emotion,every experience that you shared was as though I had written it myself. It will soon be 23 years since the beast,which you so appropriately call NB,took our precious Jordan from us. He would be 26 in February,our oldest. Although painful to read and know that another child and her family had also lived this horrible nightmare, I was so greatful, as crazy as it might sound,to be reminded of some of the even small details that I had forgotten. One of my prayers over the years has been ,not that my grief would end, but that I would never forget one thing about my time with my angel boy. I think God led me to your journal as yet another answer to that prayer--thank you and thank God for the precious memories and the never ceasing longing in my heart to see Jordan again. Yes--neuroblastoma is a monster, but the monster will not have the final victory. May God bless you and your family with a wonderful life from this day forward and may He hold Cristi and Jordan close until we arrive. Sincerely, a fellow educator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home