Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Best Wishes, Olivia & OSU Football

(Pic: Last year's "2nd Annual Memorial Run") In just a short while, the amazing Olivia will be starting out on her 10K run. We are so proud of her - what a sweet and incredible friend. Cancer cost us a lot (our daugther's life) yet we also met many loving and unbelievable friends throughout our journey - Olivia is definitely one of them. May God bless her this morning as she competes in this event.

(Pic: Olivia's 2008 Run)
I noted this morning that Olivia is just $95 away from her goal of raising $1,500 for the Christi Thomas Memorial Fund & Kids Cancer Krusade - wow! THANKS, OLIVIA & generous friends and family! If you'd like to donate, here is the link: http://active.com/donate/christirun2009

Yesterday, when we went to wake Shayla up to go to Columbus for the game, we were surprised to see Buckeye "protecting" her as she used to do for Christi. This is Christi's Siamese cat (The one she took to the fair and won "Best Small Animal" and "Best of Show" with which made her so happy.) We often joke, "Why didn't we bury this cat with Christi?" yet she does the cutest things sometimes which remind us that Christi loved her so. The picture is so odd because Shayla now sleeps in Christi's room and it all looked "way too familiar".
Shay cheering on the Buckeyes as they make their grand entrance onto the field.
Shay with "Script Ohio" Shayla used Shayne's "OSU Dependent" ticket and went to the game with me. I could not believe the difference a year made. Last year she was ready to leave at halftime; this year she wanted to stay until the very end. She really got into the game - all aspects. Shayne was in another area of the stadium sitting with a colleague (in MUCH better seats, but........) I think Shayla enjoyed the "extra spirit" found only in the "OSU Student Section". It was a very special day!

After sitting in church Friday morning for my great aunt Dixie's funeral crying my eyes out, this was a MUCH BETTER way to end the week. (I know Dixie's life - 84 years - was to be celebrated as we rejoice she's now Home and reunited with so many; however, sitting with my very frail grandma while she cried over the death of her younger sister was absolutely heartbreaking.)

Shay & Josh before the game - TBDBITL! (The Best Darn Band in the Land!)

PIC: After the game, GOOOOOO, Bucks! I'm really enjoying my "Fall Break" at BGSU! I absolutely cannot believe I just gave my mid-term exams and the semester is now half over. Actually, it seems like the semester just started. Time is flying and I'm really enjoying my work. I didn't think I could ever be this happy again, but I am. I give thanks to the Lord!

BE SAFE RUNNING the 10K, dear OLIVIA! WE LOVE YOU!

5 Comments:

At 11/10/09 7:27 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

You are the sweetest, Angela! Thank you so much for everything!

 
At 11/10/09 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the photo of Shay and Buckeye was one of Christi with Buckeye -- right down to the books in the bed beside her, I just thought it HAD to be Christi!

 
At 12/10/09 7:36 AM, Blogger Danielle said...

is his name josh b. ? i shot a wedding in columbus for a friend of mine this weekend (sat evening) and there was a Josh who read, and also lead a killer script ohio at the reception.... just wondering!!!

 
At 12/10/09 7:36 AM, Blogger Danielle said...

is his name josh b. ? i shot a wedding in columbus for a friend of mine this weekend (sat evening) and there was a Josh who read, and also lead a killer script ohio at the reception.... just wondering!!!

 
At 15/10/09 6:15 PM, Anonymous Joyce said...

Just a random follower out here writing to say, I AM SO HAPPY for you! You're right. I see why you write "best wishes" instead of "good luck." You worked so hard for this, and it's paying off. As a current college student, you seem like you make a really fun and intelligent professor! I know this happiness doesn't replace missing Christi, so you're all still in my thoughts and prayers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home