Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Monday, February 01, 2010

It's Shaylauary!

Shay had a friend over last night while I scraped off basement wallpaper and Shayne started the basement painting. We are trying to have the basement done for Shay's 11th birthday too (fingers crossed). We also celebrated the eve of Shaylaurary - last night. What a hoot! We love her so! She is a big sweetie pie!

Some have asked me where I'll be going over Christi's 13th birthday in May. I'm so excited to have the opportunity to travel and meet with professors and teachers from the schools I learned about and studied at Ohio State. What's ironic is that two years ago I was sitting in my professor's office and I said to him, "I never knew about these schools before taking your class. I'd love to go visit and learn more. I'll have to get a Fulbright scholarship to go one day." Thanks to some new colleagues and friends I've made inviting me to join them, I'm going to Italy.

6 Comments:

At 2/2/10 6:40 PM, Blogger Lilly Lu, Iris and Maxwell Mufsa Millon said...

are you going to see the regio emmila school it very cool. I been there i study it too. Happy Shaylaauary

Laura

 
At 2/2/10 11:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much Shayla has grown and changed since we web folks first "met" her in 2002. Back then, she was a wee little pre-schooler sharing love and laughter with her equally wee big sister, Christi. We all read along, praying, laughing, learning, and hoping, as wee Shayla complained about homework, baths, worried over Swiffer, got 2 pets when back then Christi as yet had one (quite a sore spot for her at that time!), fretted over the premature disposal of her beloved flip flops (and scolded you on the phone from Tiffin when you were in Philly!) and wrote the sweetest of notes in the hospital room where her older sister would eventually die: "help is my job." You must be so proud of your baby girl, as she grows into a sensitive, kind, caring, compassionate, and mature young woman. Bless her. And you.

 
At 3/2/10 8:52 AM, Anonymous Kathy DaDalt said...

I'm so proud of you for letting Shayla have her new "tween" room. I know how hard it is to make changes. I recently went through Jonathan's closet with a dear friend, but oh, that was so hard. I had just thrown stuff in there and it was time to get it organized. I put a lot of Jonathan's clothes away for Ben since Jon hardly wore out his clothes and he stayed so small. I found some treasured items that I will add to my second memory box. I hope you have a wonderful time in Italy. I think of you often and admire your courage and grace.

 
At 3/2/10 4:20 PM, Blogger IS Teacher said...

Italy-how wonderful!!!

Shayla, I now find myself looking forward to Shayluary to see how you celebrate your birthdays....(!) Katie turns 16 on 2/8...and yes, the driving test is already scheduled...(!)

 
At 4/2/10 8:28 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

Oh, I love Shaylauary!!! I am so glad it's off to a good start for you, Shayla!

Many hugs,
Olivia

 
At 4/2/10 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw this on another grieving mum's blog and thought of you. I am so deeply sorry.

"Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the messages, She Is Dead,
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

She was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last for ever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood.
For nothing now can ever come to any good."

- W.H Auden

 

Post a Comment

<< Home