Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Friday, February 05, 2010

Shay!!! I miss you! But.....I'm also having an amazing time in this awesome city I've never been to before and I'm learning a lot at this conference. This morning I met my favorite author, Pam Munoz Ryan, and she did a little video clip for you. Isn't that awesome?! OK, I admit, I ended up crying while I was talking to her. I just couldn't believe I actually (finally) was able to meet her and to talk with her in person. She is really interesting! She has a new book coming out in April! I told her you also have read all of her books and you are also thinking about maybe being a writer in addition to an actress when you grow up. ENJOY THE VIDEO CLIP, SWEETIE! It was great to hear your voice this morning, but I wish you were here too.

You'd love these things: These bulls are painted all over the city - big painted cowboy boots too, really neat. I'll try to take my camera with me the next time I head out so I can show you the boots! PHOTO: With reading expert and researcher, Tim Raskinski. (Also editor of the "Journal of Literacy Research")For any of my BGSU students who may be checking up on me, this morning I also met the author of one of your textbooks for my class and attended two of his sessions. He's wonderful too! Attached is a little video clip just for my awesome BGSU students! Here's the great reading and literacy expert - Tim Rasinski! PS: I hope this morning's test went over well! I've yet to hear from my GA, but I know she'll email me soon and I'm willing to bet you did great! Methods Studnets - I'm still grading your lessons plans. For the most part, I'm very pleased with what I've assessed so far. Go, Falcons! See you Monday!

Dr. Tim Rasinski also received his Ph.D. from the Ohio State University. He was on my boss's doctoral committee at the University of Georgia and also served on the doctoral committee for a colleague of mine while at Kent State. Everyone says, "He's awesome!" I must agree!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home