Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Happy 13th Birthday, Angel Christi

I'm so blessed to have had this trip come up at this time. I vividly remember teaching last year on Christi's birthday; it was so hard. This year has been nice to be on a different time zone, with some of my favorite colleagues and some delightful (and mature and responsible) BGSU students. This trip to Italy has been a great distraction as I'm certain if I were home I'd be dwelling on the fact that today would have been Christi's 13th birthday and I wonder how we would have celebrated it. (Picture: "The Falcon's Finest: Dr. Nancy, Dr. Angela & Dr. Susan" hee hee!)

We toured more schools today and I particularly enjoyed engaging this group of fifth grade girls in English conversation. They seemed very excited to try speaking English to someone from America and they wrote letters to Shayla.


I hope Shayne is doing ok at home. (He did send me an email telling me he had everything under control, or perhaps out of control, he wasn't really sure. He did miss a 4H meeting since I didn't remind him.) I'm sure he's fine! And Shayla can hold her own - most of the time. I'm sure today has been rough for Shayne.

Happy Birthday, sweetpea! I'm certain you are having a grand celebration with the Lord! ENJOY!

9 Comments:

At 12/5/10 4:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Happy 13th birthday to Christi!

 
At 12/5/10 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Angel Christi XXX you are my inspiration always. Send my love along with yours to your mom, dad & Shayla xx (Nicky, lake District, england)

 
At 12/5/10 4:37 PM, Anonymous Amber - Happy Birthday Christi :) said...

Happy 13th Birthday Christi!! Hope you had the best day ever in heaven, celebrating becoming a teen...Angela, I'm so pleased that you were able to have your mind taken off of the fact that it would've been Christi's birthday, it must be so hard for you all, I cannot even begin to imagine! Lots of love & best wishes being sent from the UK - Amber. Xxxxxx

 
At 12/5/10 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela, I'm glad you're having such a good time in Italy!!

Happy 13th Birthday Christi!!

 
At 12/5/10 9:12 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

You have all been on my mind so much today. Many, many hugs and loads of love to you!

Olivia

 
At 12/5/10 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of the Thomas team everyday but especially on tough days like today. Happy 13th Birthday sweet Christi, you're forever loved and missed!

 
At 12/5/10 10:42 PM, Anonymous Erin N. said...

Happy 13th birthday, Christi! I'm thinking about you and your family--today and always.

 
At 13/5/10 4:05 AM, Blogger Amy K said...

Many prayers lifted up for the Thomas Team yesterday.
Angela, you look wonderful in these photos - beautiful dress/shrug.
It looks like quite a trip; what an opportunity.

 
At 13/5/10 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We miss christi so much! WE will always miss her!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home