Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Yellow Springs, Ohio

With cooler temps, Shay's really been into scrapping. I cannot believe how lovely her work is. We recently took a trip to an amazing scrapbook store I found last year. They wanted us to bring her work in so they could see what she had done. They so kindly raved, telling her it's better than many of the adults' scrapbooks they see. Shay blushed.

We went to the home of Anticoch College and camped at the John Bryan State Park with aunt Marty and uncle Jeff over the weekend. Despite weather "not best for camping", we still had a wonderful time. We've spent too much time away from Jeff and Marty so it was a fabulous treat to camp with them for a couple of days.

We went on the most beautiful hike we had ever been on!


Yellow Springs, Ohio


Fall break is right around the corner and I can't wait! I have been entirely too busy (truly a slave to my computer) and it will be great to relax and enjoy my family and friends for a bit. God is good!

6 Comments:

At 5/10/10 10:07 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Looks like a beautiful place to hike!

 
At 5/10/10 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful park! So glad you had some quality away time with family. Kudos to Shay for doing more scrapping, I wish I could say the same thing but, unfortunately, there's no free time happening around here for now! Keep up the beautiful pages Shayla!

 
At 5/10/10 8:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You were so close to me! Next time you are close to Dayton, let me know! I would love to take the Thomas Trio out to dinner!

 
At 5/10/10 8:19 PM, Blogger Kathleen said...

Oh this post made me homesick. We lived right around the corner from Yellow Springs in Fairborn for three years while we were stationed at Wright Patt. DId you get to go to Young's Dairy while you were there? The restaurant there is so good.

 
At 6/10/10 12:12 PM, Blogger Sammie Ryan said...

Hi Thomas Team.
Glad to see you all had a great time camping.Lovely to see you make the most of the outdoors and enjoy valuable family time together.

Thinking of you all.
Take care.

Love from Sam (Ireland)xx

 
At 5/12/10 8:05 PM, Blogger Smitty said...

Oh my gosh! Yellow Springs is one of my favorite places in the world! I used to live about 10 minutes from there and would go on hikes through the Glen Helen Nature Preserve all the time..Looks like you all had a great time! I'd recommend stopping at Young's Dairy Farm just outside of Yellow Springs the next time you're in town. They have great ice cream! Oh and also if you're looking for a place to eat with great food I'd recommend Peaches. All the food is organic and grown right in Yellow Springs. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home