Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Close

Despite bile rising, I made it inside the monument store and tried my best to order Christi's grave marker. I'm "close" - just a few things they are checking on for me. I really didn't want to have to ever go back in there again, but I will.

The gentleman told me I was in a different state of mind than when I was there before. (Thank you, but I didn't exactly need that reminder; I remembered myself and my behavior quite well without that comment.) He also apologized for not being able to get me a price quote for a few days. I responded, "No problem. It doesn't appear that I'm in any kind of rush now, does it? I've put this off for four years and two months, what's a few more days?!" At least I had him laughing at that one.

Then back in the car I knew I was going to get sick. I pulled over and talked with Shayne, telling him my stomach was a mess. He so kindly told me I was so brave and it must have been so hard.

(PICTURE: March 2006 at CHOP with awesome Traci and Jenn)

10 Comments:

At 18/11/10 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela-
What a great decision you have made to finally give sweet Christi a marker. No matter what choice you went with, Im sure that Christi too is proud of your accomplishment. God Bless you and your family...
Shanan

 
At 18/11/10 9:51 AM, Blogger Vickie said...

I don't remember this absolutely gorgeous photo of the absolutely gorgeous Christi. Thank you.

Vickie

 
At 18/11/10 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you, Angela!! =)

~Sarah, Jersey

 
At 18/11/10 5:29 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Oh it took my breath away to see her picture there. What a sweetie pie! I am so sorry you are having to go through ALL of this! She should be right there with you. I am keeping you in my prayers!

Love Holly Hart
Katy TX

 
At 18/11/10 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't even fathom how difficult this has been for you and Shayne. Just know that the Thomas Team are always in my thoughts and prayers. Forever loving and missing sweet angel Christi!

 
At 19/11/10 7:11 AM, Blogger Anita said...

Angela, you are a strong woman. That big step will help you a lot, sure! Hugs from Spain ;-)

 
At 20/11/10 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that beautiful face! What a beautiful photo.
I'm so sorry you have to do this but you ARE so strong and you WILL get through it alright.
Sending you a great big hug Angela! {{{hugs}}}

 
At 22/11/10 3:14 PM, Blogger Sammie Ryan said...

Thinking of you Angela at this difficult time.
Christi must be so proud of you..
as we all are.

May god keep you strong.

Love Sam (Ireland)xx

 
At 22/11/10 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Slightly OT, but did you know there's a photo of Shayla on the front page of Tiffin Middle School's website?

 
At 27/11/10 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been thinking of you guys (and praying for you too) and can relate to the nausea that you feel with the monument. I just saw Kayla's stone (not engraved yet) yesterday and it is so beautiful but I sure do wish it was someone else's. So on we go, thankfully having some joy, along with our tears. God is sufficient for this too.
With Love and Prayers,
Brenda Lucius
Kayla's mom
bnlucius@bright.net

 

Post a Comment

<< Home