Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Shaylauary!

Thanks so very much for your kind and lovely words regarding Christi's grave marker! That was very loving and helpful - thank you! (Of course, today we made a small change, but......LOL! I KNOW Christi would be laughing thinking that was hilarious! "Tell 'all the world' you ordered my marker, show everyone and then add a couple of details".....Dear God, I miss her!)

Shayla could not have been happier about the official start of Shaylauary! For whatever reason, her alarm clock did not go off so she slept in and was greeted by a large piece of paper I left outside of her bedroom door: Closed! No School! Happy Snow Day! I cooked her sausage gravy over pancakes (instead of biscuits - crazy, I know, but she loved it) and then looked up her grades only to find that her math grade was up to a B+ - MUCH BETTER than it had been one week ago. She did a lot of scrapbooking and talking with friends. (She also donated the majority of her "soapies" collection for me to give a group on campus collecting soap for low income families. It's called "Soap for Hope" and Shayla said she no longer was interested in her soapies so she might as well give them to kids who would like them and who needed them. She's such a sweetie!

With ice pelting our windows and power probably soon to be lost, I just cancelled my classes for tomorrow and gave my students an online assignment instead. This is definitely a "Monster of a Storm" - may you all be warm and safe! We're off for a family game of "Risk" soon! Happy Shayluary to you all - hee hee!

(PIC: Sunday's amazing Japanese Flute Performance at the Toledo Museum of Art)

3 Comments:

At 1/2/11 9:14 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

The gravestone looks great. I'm sure Christi appreciates the mountain rose color. My college actually cancelled all classes for tomorrow. I was surprised.

 
At 2/2/11 3:07 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Happy 1st Day of Shaylauary Shayla. Hope the storms have died down

 
At 3/2/11 3:40 PM, Blogger Sammie Ryan said...

Angela well done to you for getting christi's grave marker. Im so proud of you and im sure Christi is so very proud of you also.

I think its really lovely and Christi would really love it.

My thoughts and prayers are with all of the thomas team as always.

Love Sam (Ireland )xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home