Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Friday, February 03, 2006

"A Great Night"

Waking at 6:00 AM with worry, I debated what to do. With rain pounding the roof of my room at Ronald and knowing the first shuttle van to the hospital doesn't leave until 9:15 AM I had to make a decision. I decided to go for it - walk about 12 blocks in the rain to get back to Christi. Actually, after searching at Ronald for a few good (I'm picky) chapter books to read to Christi today the rain wasn't too bad. I called Paw Paw on the way. This fourth floor has signs which say "No Cell Phone Use" and finding Internet access is difficult. The first night up here I was using the computers outside of Christi's room I typically use and a nurse walked up to me and said, "I know you're from 3 South and they let you use their computers here, but this is fourth floor and you can't use them." So, I asked, "Exactly when do you intend to move my daughter down to oncology ?" I was assured that they are doing everything possible - (smile)! Needless to say, we're still here and I know I should just be thankful that we even have a room. "The inn is full!"

I walked in with Christi and Shayne both crashed sound asleep in their room. I went to find Christi' s nurse to get an update and caught her just before leaving. She said, "Christi had a great night. About 4:00 AM she woke up and went potty and she and her Dad were joking and goofing around for quite a while." Whew! I asked how her eyes look and was told that the right one is definitely worse than the left. I'll help myself to her chart as soon as I can locate it. (smile) So - just wanted to let you all know what was up with last night. I'll try to keep you updated later today. Meanwhile I'm getting our laundry done since I just found an open machine. I"m anxious to see a little smile out of Christi and to get started with some new books!! (It was painful for her to talk - cancer in her front skull bones, so she created "signals". Thumbs up means - quit talking and start reading! (Gotta love that gal!)

17 Comments:

At 3/2/06 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still hoping and praying for Christi's miracle recovery and healing... I'm so glad both her parents are with her right now!

You're in my thoughts every minute!

Sending you love and support from NH...
ChemoAngel Nancy

 
At 3/2/06 8:03 AM, Blogger David said...

Glad to hear Christi got some rest. Hope both parents did, too! So... you once asked us and now *we* want to know... what are ya reading these days?

Lots of love-
Dave, Sara, Ruby and even little Ethan

 
At 3/2/06 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the overwhelming reponse to Shayne's posting late yesterday you know the prayer warriors are at work. Sounds like Christi is the "bookworm" that several of our grandchildren are. Have you considered some of her favorite music as a soothing bit for her? I anxiously await each posting. What a great pix of Dad and Daughter last night! We pray there are many more to come.
With love to all of you. Alyce Ann -Fremont OH

 
At 3/2/06 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My daily prayers will continue for Christi's comfort and that her days become much more pain free. I live but a few short miles from CHOP so I'm hopeful the prayers get there quickly.

 
At 3/2/06 8:18 AM, Blogger Brigid and Celie said...

GO CHRISTI! YOU'RE THE BEST!
WE LOVE YOU!

XOXOXO
Brigid and Celie

 
At 3/2/06 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As so many others, our hearts are just broken for you and your family. As others have said, please post if there is anything you need. There are many here in the Philadelphia area who would be only too happy to do anything that will make things just a bit easier on you. Please don't hesitate to ask. We are praying for you and your dear girls.

 
At 3/2/06 8:37 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

I'm glad to hear that sweet Christi had a good night. May today be one of reduced pain for her.

I'm praying that you will feel the peace of God that passes all understanding. And that you will feel God's loving arms wrapped arouund you.

Know I love you all dearly.

Praying endlessly!

Lots of love, prayers and tears,

Heather

 
At 3/2/06 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry if you get several of these from me. I'm much better at praying than I am at "blogging". Obviously there are many prayer warriors out there that are good at both from the number of comments following last night's posting. We all anxiously await the news and pray there will be more like the one with the wonderful pix of Christi and her Dad. Love and prayers to the whole Thomas team. Alyce Ann -- Fremont OH

 
At 3/2/06 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still Praying for Christi I hope today is great and she is feeling better :)

Thinking of you in Ohio

 
At 3/2/06 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning Thomas Team!

I woke up several times during the night and said a prayer each time. There is power in prayer.
Praying for and expecting a miracle from Tennessee.

 
At 3/2/06 8:58 AM, Blogger Tine said...

Angela,
I'd be happy to send Christi some books if the pickings are slim there. What are you reading to her or what does she like? Your librarian friend, Christine

 
At 3/2/06 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Angela,

You sound better today! Hope you had a restful nights sleep.

I sent a package this morning. To the hospital...3rd floor. The address on this email. Look for it tomorrow or Monday....another book for you to read too!

Thinking of you this morning as I run and pray!

Love,

Mary Hollway and Family

 
At 3/2/06 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Christi,

What address can I send a card to you? I'm sorry you're feeling lousy, kiddo! Know that "friends" in Iowa are thinking of you and praying for you! Hang in there kiddo! Tell Mommy and Daddy to hang in there too!

Hugs from Grammy Pam in Iowa!

 
At 3/2/06 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying Christi has a great day, and the chemo and pain meds do their job.

 
At 3/2/06 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela & Shayne,
I just found on the CHOP website a link that lets you send ecards!

Here's the link...
maybe Christi's room will get covered with cards!
http://www.chop.edu/ecards/index.shtml

With love and prayers,
Jan Rosen

 
At 3/2/06 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Down on my knees praying the good Lord sends Christi strength to fight this monster. I am praying for you both, Angela and Shayne. No parent should ever have to watch their little one suffer! And I pray for sweet Shayla. What a trooper! I've sent Christi a card at the address you posted at CHOP. I'm sending Shayla a birthday card. Hope you don't mind. I just wish there was something else I could do. I pray the good days far out number the bad!!! Bless you all!!
Megan in NC

 
At 3/2/06 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great news. The power of prayer is unbelievable. Your remain constantly in my thoughts and prayers.

Christi - keep fighting you are phenomenal.

God hears our prayers and is answering them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home