Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Off to CHOP


The girls are up and on their way to CHOP. Sounds like they had a restful nights sleep at the Fours Season. Christi has double vision and must cover one eye in order to see straight. Angela snapped this photo from her cell phone.

Our friend Tim from The Philadelphia Mint is going to pick them up from the hotel. This saves Christi from taking another aweful taxi ride. She gets so car sick.

The scan is at 9:30 so I imagine that is going to be very ugly. They start at the head when they scan so this will get nasty quickly.

Last night when I told Shayla that Christi's disease had spread and that she may die, Shayla asked if it had spread to her heart. (I too am anxious to know if it has spread to any of her organs.) As I hugged Shayla she said "Dad, don't forget EASTER" I replied "Shayla I don't understand what you mean" She said "Easter is about HOPE and Easter is coming"

Shayne

11 Comments:

At 1/2/06 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're hoping with you. All our love and prayers, the Benner Family (Phil, Peg, Brooke, Bryan and Leslie)

 
At 1/2/06 9:18 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Oh sweet Shayla,

You are ever so right- Easter is about hope!! Holding you, Christi, Mommy and Daddy in my prayers.

What a great little sister you are, Christi sure is blessed to have you.

Have Daddy give you a big hug from me! Love you lots!

Lots of love, many prayers,
Heather

 
At 1/2/06 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying so hard for Christi and the Thomas team. PLEASE GOD lift her up and heal her!!!
Love and prayers from Cape Cod,
Beth

 
At 1/2/06 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's 6:45am here in San Francisco and I am with you all.

In love, hope and life,
Eliza

 
At 1/2/06 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

" Courage is not the absence of fear, it is moving forward in spite of it." - Marci Struzinski- Children of the Inner Light

Thomas Team, I wish you courage and pray for Shayla's Easter "Hope" to come sooner than later! God bless you all,
Kate

 
At 1/2/06 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am another silent follower from Minnesota and my heart is completly broke this morning as I read the last three entries to the blog. My head is spinning as I am sure yours are wondering WHY? and HOW? - I am just beyond words sorry to hear what you are going through right now and wanted to let you know that as always I am praying hard and pleading for things to make a turn for the better. Praying hard in MN. Manda

 
At 1/2/06 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

16.53 in Helsinki, Finland, and the prayers keep coming!

Nathalie

 
At 1/2/06 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All my thoughts are with you. I don't know what else to say. I hope so much that there is something that someone can do to at least buy you all some quality time. This is so, so unfair. Prayers, prayers prayers.
Love Lisa

 
At 1/2/06 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my first visit to this site. I found the link on Julianna Bananna's site. You are so right Easter is about Hope..and i pray that you will see another Easter and many more to come. You are such a brave little girl. I will keep you in my prayers little one. ((HUGS)) Kim Cyr

 
At 1/2/06 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayers from Ga. Christi, keep fighting sweetheart! I know you must be so tired but we are all praying for you and fighting with you.
Angela, you are in your meeting with Dr. Maris right now and heaven is being stormed right now.
Love,
Amy

 
At 1/2/06 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christi,Angela,Shane, and Shayla OUR PRAYERS Go out to you. Yes Shalya Easter is just around the corner and there is always room for hope. Laura Gray (stephenson)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home