Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Inpatient Inpatient

The inpatient (Christi) has become inpatient and is quite anxious to play with her cats and to sleep in her own bed! Caroline and Shayla hopped in the taxi at 7:15 AM to catch their morning flight. Caroline later called and said their flight was cancelled due to engine trouble and they were put on another airline’s flight which wouldn’t leave until this afternoon. Well, God works in mysterious ways because about that same time I asked the nurse to see if Christi’s blood counts were in. When I saw the white count went from 0 to 1.7 and her ANC went from 0 to nearly 1,500 I shouted into my poor mother’s ear that maybe she wouldn’t have to drive a couple of hours to the airport anyway, maybe we’d all be coming home together today with Mr. Traunero. (Thankfully, I caught Mom and Joe before they took off for the airport to pick up Caroline and Shayla. My sister and I often joke about Mom's cell phone- or lack of!)

About an hour later Dr. Maris walked in and asked, “Why are you still here?” I said, “Because you said she couldn’t leave.” He said, “Didn’t you see that ANC? I know you and I figured you already booked your flight home.” I said, “Can I?” He said, “Yes, she can go.” Whew! Praise the Lord!

As I type, the wonderful Rich Traunero is in the air on his way to Philadelphia. Caroline and Shayla who have been hanging out for hours at the airport are in a line to see if I can get my money back for their flights since they’ll be on the Angel Flight home with us today and the sweet Mr. Grant is on his way into the city to pick up Christi and I. We will swing by the big airport to pick up Caroline and Shayla and then all get dropped off at the little executive airport where Rich will land. We praise God for sweet divine intervention and for incredible Angels on earth working so hard to get us back home. We pray for safe travels for everyone involved in this mission! Thank you for working overtime storming heaven with your prayers for this little girl. It looks like she WILL dance at her recital and she WILL pour out the lemonade on Friday too! God is good!!

Today's blood counts:
white 1.7
hgb. 11.6
platelets 9 (transfused today, most likely will need them again on Thursday at home)
ANC 1,469 (May go down a bit, but she should be fine!)

Tests/scans to see if this treatment worked: June 20th and 21st. Ahhh, that's about two weeks at home!

SHAYNE: My cell phone isn’t working. We should land around 5:15 or so. Please pick us all up after work! THANKS!!! I’ve missed you sooooooooooo much!

6 Comments:

At 5/6/06 1:03 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

PRAISE GOD!!

Safe flight, safe travels to all!!

YIPEE the Thomas Team all together again and on Buckeye Soil. Can't think of anything better!

I love you all!!

Much love, many prayers,
Heather

 
At 5/6/06 1:20 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lehmann said...

I am soooo happy for you Thomas Team! Finally going home...what great news! I am very anxious to see your little ballerinas dance on Sunday. I have never actually been able to see a dance recital, because I have always been in it...so it will surely be a treat.

Friday after our lemonade stands, could we make plans for the Japanese dinner extravaganza? Aika leaves to go back to Japan in 1 week!

Praying for safe trips home.
Love, Jennifer

 
At 5/6/06 1:20 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lehmann said...

I am soooo happy for you Thomas Team! Finally going home...what great news! I am very anxious to see your little ballerinas dance on Sunday. I have never actually been able to see a dance recital, because I have always been in it...so it will surely be a treat.

Friday after our lemonade stands, could we make plans for the Japanese dinner extravaganza? Aika leaves to go back to Japan in 1 week!

Praying for safe trips home.
Love, Jennifer

 
At 5/6/06 2:20 PM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

YEAHHHHHH!!!!! YIPPEE!!!!!! I never thought I'd be so happy to say that I won't see you Christi, ....BUT I'M SO HAPPY THAT I WON'T SEE YOU ON WEDNESDAY!!!! Give all of your animals a hug for me. Enjoy your time at home and til then, all the prayer warriors will be praying for complete healing! Hi Shayla!! I'm so glad you had fun with the Grants! Now go back to that normal sibling rivalry! hehehehee!! love, sylvia

 
At 5/6/06 9:25 PM, Blogger Marj said...

Hi Christi,
I thought you might enjoy reading about a fellow artist who spends a lot of time in the hospital getting treatments. She's only 7 and has a creative way to spend the time. You can read about her at http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=128805
You are both very good fighters!
Your mom's friend,
Marj

 
At 5/6/06 9:28 PM, Blogger Candy said...

When I read about your conversation with Dr. Maris, my eyes welled up with tears. I'm so glad that Christi's counts are coming up. I hope that the impatient inpatient is now snuggled up in her own home with her faithful felines and her wonderful family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home