Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Friday, June 30, 2006

TGIF and many other thanks

Visiting Cousin Ashley at her yummy workplace.
Shelby liked the horse craft Christi made for her while she was busy at Bible School and Christi waited back with Aunt Tina each morning.

Thank God It's Friday! And thanks to all of the hard workers at Baumann Auto Group for searching high and low and for working so hard; my transportation problems are solved! (Mom, this vehicle will be much more reliable for me; I hope you'll worry a lot less now!) Did you know the insurance company will send someone to your workplace to install a new front windshield? (another "Thanks!")

As you can see from the pics, we had a great night at my sister's! Thanks to Gil for watching all the cousins. (My awesome sister and I headed out for a salad and live music and to talk about our children last night, very fun!)

The girls and I took off at 6:15 this morning so that I could make it to my class on time. After waiting for 35 minutes for a new babysitter who showed up an hour later I only had one choice so that I wouldn't be late for class. I had to take the girls with me (yikes). Thankfully, Christi read the entire time and thankfully Aunt Tina sent some toys home with the girls and I grabbed them as we hustled into class. They provided Shayla with entertainment (and thankfully silence) for the 1 1/2 hour class. I was sweating it BIG TIME, but my I'm thankful Professor didn't seem to mind. (This was his very first encounter with Christi and perhaps her bald little head caught him by surprise.)

Next, we drove the rest of the long drive home and went to Dr. Vela's office. Thankfully, the exam was fine and the blood draw uneventful. While not pleased with the results, I know they could be MUCH worse so I am thankful for that too!

BLOOD COUNTS:
8.3 hgb. (Yikes! That's getting very close to needing a blood transfusion.)
58 platelets (up ten from last week - hey, it's a baby step better and it's our biggest prayer request right now.)

They were unable to get an accurate white count, but I think we're fine in that department right now. While waiting for her appointment, I noted that she "only" needed four live saving transfusions this month and she was "only" hospitalized six nights the entire month of June! I'm incredibly thankful about that good news! Sadly, many of our warrior friends are not doing very well right now.

Next we went to the library as the girls are passionate about getting there every week and finally we went to Cindy's where Christi's "Locks for Love" wig was styled. Cindy had never seen a nicer wig and it looks great now. Christi wore it for about 2 hours today. While running errands she'd whispered to me a few times, "I don't think that lady even knows it's a wig!" It does look very realistic and we are very thankful she received it, even if I doubt she'll wear it very much. Girls should have options! (smile) And quite frankly who needs hair when you're as good looking as Christi??!! (hee hee)
PRAYER REQUEST: We pray that Christi continues to feel well and that her blood counts soon rise. THANK YOU Partners in Prayer! Hug your loved ones and tell them you love them often!! Here's wishing you and yours a great weekend!

3 Comments:

At 30/6/06 8:37 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Praise God for the blessing of a new vehicle and new windsheild too.

I'm glad the girls were nice an quiet for you in class.

It looks like Christi had a grand time with her cousins, and she looks beautiful! I'm glad to hear that she's still feeling well.

Now come on platelets rise, rise, rise! That's my prayer.

Praying for all of you daily.

I love you all soo much!

Much love and many prayers for always,
Heather

 
At 1/7/06 6:33 AM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

Cheryl Scott, your take on the Buzzard is cracking me up! : ) Very funny!!! I can see this story going places!!

Yes, baby steps, but I'm just feeling in my gut that those platelets are going to just soar...
LET'S GO PRAYER WARRIORS!!!! STORM HEAVEN!!! CLIMB COUNTS CLIMB! (how do I bold face on here?! heehhee!)...and we continue to hold close to our heart those who have gained their wings and those who are having a tough time right now. PLEASE PRAY FOR PAT AND LINDA CONNOLLY AS TODAY IS THE ANNIVERSARY THAT MY LITTLE BUDDY RYAN GAINED HIS WINGS. Thanks. xo

Christi, that horse craft is amazing!!! WOW!...so cool! And Shayla, that ice cream or custard you are getting really made my sweet tooth act up! : )

THANK YOU GOD FOR ANGELS WHO COME THROUGH WITH RELIABLE VEHICLES. BLESS THE BAUMANN AUTO BUSINESS TENFOLD! THANK YOU GOD FOR PROFESSORS WITH HEARTS AND PATIENCE...AND FOR THE OPPORTUNITIES THEY HAVE TO ALSO LEARN. THANK YOU GOD FOR FUN TIMES WITH SIBLINGS AND THE TIME TO CATCH UP! WE CONTINUE TO ASK YOU FOR CHRISTI'S COMPLETE HEALING AND WE ARE AWED BY YOUR PRESENCE IN THE LIFE OF THIS BEAUTIFUL FAMILY. AMEN.

Have a great weekend Thomas Team! We start our festivities today with cousin Rachel and her future husband Brian with a pre-wedding picnic at the farm...tomorrow is rehearsal, and Monday the wedding! My great aunt Marie and uncle Herman just moved back in to their home after the last two floods...they were hit again by the rising Delaware River - over five feet of water filled their home...however this time their neighbors loaded EVERYTHING onto a tractor trailer and moved it to higher ground. They are 96 and 97 yrs old and this is tough for them to go through yet again. Aunt Marie said she can't believe that it is still standing - you can see down to the bottom of the pillars and someone else's dock drifted down and stopped just before hitting their home! OH YES, I BELIEVE IN ANGELS!!! xoxoxo

love, sylvia

 
At 3/7/06 10:02 AM, Blogger dede said...

Christine,
I am a new Prayer Partner. I was given your name by Habitat for Hope. I am looking forward to getting to know you and praying for you. I live in Southeast Texas, but thru the internet - I am only a few minutes away. Please know that I will keep you close in my heart thru prayer and fasting on your behalf.... I am expecting great things - A new Friend.
Dede Taylor
Habitat For Hope Prayer Partner
www.habitatforhope.org

 

Post a Comment

<< Home