Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

15 month Old Christi

My sweet mom at home keeps emailing me pictures of happier days so I'm again sharing another one of my favorite Christi pictures. I think she's about 15 months old here (July 1998).

The foley will make her feel so much better. Those amazing nurses got her all cleaned up and situated and she continues to be painfree. She's remained sedated all day. I just crawled out of bed after spending the past three hours: holding her hand, stroking her face, talking to her, singing to her, napping with her and quite frankly crying my eyes out mourning this huge loss. In so many ways, she is already gone.

8 Comments:

At 17/9/06 3:32 PM, Blogger TheCarvers said...

I cannot imagine how you are feeling at this time. know that you are in my every thought and I am so sorry..words cant express how my heart is hurting for you. I wish I could be with you.
sending my LOVE and HUGS.
Lora

 
At 17/9/06 4:28 PM, Blogger Candace Mason said...

Dear Shayne and Angela,
The pictures of Christi are absolutely precious. Thank you for posting them. Your family is in our prayers. I wish there was more we could do. We're saying extra prayers for Shayla. She and Christi are so very fortunate to have such wonderful parents.

Much love,
The Masons (Candace, Russ, Macy and Benjamin)
www.caringbridge.org/co/benjaminmason

 
At 17/9/06 6:54 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

I have started this comment 20 times already and I cant find the right words to tell you how sorry I am. I have cried rivers for the loss you are facing and for the life she has yet to live.

I am praying with all of my heart and soul for comfort for you all!

Love Lisa

www.edenadams.com

 
At 17/9/06 7:23 PM, Blogger Kryd said...

I hope and pray things change for the better soon....Whatever way that may be..:(

Much Love, Krystal

 
At 17/9/06 7:39 PM, Blogger Shaylen Maxwell said...

Every sweet picture you post of Christi, she smiles like an angel. She truly is an amazing girl. I've followed your journey for a long while & I want you to know that I keep you all in my heart & prayers. Christi is a true inspiration of the strength of the human character, even in a time of suffering.

Keeping you all in my prayers! Even Shayla's bunny.
Love,
Shaylen & Jonathan,
Toronto, ON, Canada

 
At 17/9/06 7:45 PM, Blogger MaryH said...

Still praying and thinking about you almost every minute - there are no words - only prayers. God be by your side - you are the best parents - Christi knows that. She is living the story of her life, God is the author, the angels are by your side and hers. Praying for you.

 
At 17/9/06 8:13 PM, Blogger Noah's Mommy said...

I am so very heartbroken for you. Your family remains a constant in my prayers. God bless and keep you and your precious girl.

 
At 17/9/06 8:25 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

I love all the pictures you've shared. Oh how I wish I could rewind time for you and make those days be here again.

There are no words for this unimaginable loss of your sweet Christi. I thank you so much for sharing her with me, for allowing me into your life.

I love you all dearly. Praying for a restful night for you all.

With all my love, prayers and tears tonight,
Heather

 

Post a Comment

<< Home