Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

The Riderless Horse

Thanks to the Trauneros I was able to get a picture of Kelsey leading the way from the funeral home to St. Mary's as she walked "The Riderless Horse".

This morning after church I thanked one of the beautiful cheerleaders and told her how lovely it was they were there, but they should have done a cheer. She told me, "We did, but you probably didn't hear it." I knew they had a large huddle around Christi's casket and I heard some awesome giggling, but that was it. I inquired, "Which cheer?" She said, "1, 2, 3, we love our Chrsiti. 3, 2, 1, she's our little one." (Oh, now talk about making me cry - sooo sweet!)

5 Comments:

At 24/9/06 5:59 PM, Blogger Kim said...

My daughter and I were watching Princess Diaries today - her favorite movie. There is a quote in the movie: "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." Christi was so very brave - she lived her life. She loved her faily. She did it with a smile and a loving heart. She may not live on this earth any longer, but she will surely live on forever. Thank you again for sharing such intimate and personal family moments with us - the Christi fans.

With love and respect -

Kim

 
At 24/9/06 7:30 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Thank you once again for sharing.

I think that Cheer is most appropriate for "our little one".

Many prayers and much,much love,
Heather

 
At 24/9/06 11:39 PM, Blogger Kryd said...

AWWW!! That cheer is soo incredibly sweet of them, you have some wonderful people surrounding you in person and throughout the world online. God Bless

Luv, Krystal

 
At 25/9/06 8:54 AM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Thomas Team ... just got to work this morning and wanted you all to know that I was thinking of you! Had a dream about your Angel last night ... strangely she was teaching me how to swim at Cedar Pointe ... weird! Holding you all up in strength ...

God Bless!
Rebekah Clark
Prior Lake, MN

 
At 26/9/06 10:54 AM, Blogger awrightsd said...

I followed Christi's journey and know that heaven has a brighter smile with her there. I also have an angel in heaven, our daughter, Delaney. She became an angel in heaven in Januray 2002.

I just wanted you to know that your family has lived with such dignity and grace. Christi is a proud angel in heaven.I know how difficult it is to get up and continue on, but we as parents have to for our children here on earth.

Amy, proud Mom of Angel Delaney - www.caringbridge.com/ca/delaney

 

Post a Comment

<< Home