Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Let's Get It Started

Although much too short, blessed was I to be able to spend some precious time with good friends this weekend. I visited Traci "Harriet" over at COSI while on a break at my OEA meeting and thanks to my great jr. and high school friend, Beth, for driving to meet me!

Visiting with my OEA family required me to fight back tears as many of those sweet individuals I consider to be family came up to express their sympathy. I continue to shake my head over the fact that so many of my teacher friends also drove for hours to attend Christi's visitation or funeral. I am so blessed to be surrounded by such fine people! Speaking of fine people.....check out these pictures of Jerry Oberhaus - the new NWOEA President who is also a middle school teacher and I......with TED!! We were able to chat, actually for quite some time, with Ohio's new Governor Elect. Ted congratulated us on achieving National Board Certification and told us some of his plans. He also said there is no occupation more important than teaching.

1 Comments:

At 3/12/06 10:36 PM, Blogger Kryd said...

congrats angela.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home