Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas with the King


Baby's First Christmas (Dec. 1997) 7 months old (Christi - our Santa baby)

"Christmas With the King"

To my dearest family that I left behind,
I need to touch your heart tonight.
For it's Christmas and you're missing me,
And the season doesn't seem so bright.

While others are celebrating the holiday,
you find it hard to do the same.
You watch other families gather in splendor,
while you tearfully mention my name.

I know it was painful for you this year,
to decorate your Christmas tree.
For you cried as you hung each ornament.
Your thoughts were focused on me.

You shopped for presents for others.
Although you felt out of place.
When each day was over,
I could see loneliness written on your face.

You can't seem to get into the spirit.
To enjoy any festivities this year.
But think of the Christmases in the past,
and you'll feel my presence near.

Yes, and I come tonight to let you know
I'm happier than I could ever be.
I'm spending my Christmas in Heaven;
With the one who died for me.

So go out and feel that Christmas cheer.
Listen to the choirs as they sing.
And know that I'm happier than I've ever been...
Spending Christmas with the King.

Written by Kaye Des'Ormeaux


Christmas Eve and Christmas Morning - one short year ago

5 Comments:

At 25/12/06 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Thomas Team!!!

 
At 25/12/06 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shayne, Angela and Shayla:
I can not imagine how tough today is for you. Please know you are in my prayers. In Christ, Sheila

 
At 25/12/06 10:33 PM, Blogger Jan said...

Angela, Shayne and Shayla,

Thinking of you with SO much love today! I wish we were there to give you all great big hugs. You are in our prayers as always and Christi is in our hearts. May God's peace surround you!

Love and Blessings,
Jan and Larry

 
At 27/12/06 2:41 AM, Blogger Frapper said...

A beautiful poem, and so heartbreaking. It's still so difficult though when we're missing someone so much here on Earth, even though we know they've gone on to a celebration that is likely beyond our understanding. My prayers are with your family.

 
At 28/12/06 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my heart goes out to your family always and ecspecailly through this holiday season

 

Post a Comment

<< Home