Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Friday, December 22, 2006

Mrs. Claus & Santa's Visit

Shayla's amazing Aunt Tina & Uncle Gil arranged to have Santa & Mrs. Claus make a visit to their home tonight. They were awesome and Shayla is convinced that it was finally the real Santa. Shayla was happy and excited, not scared at all. After sitting with Santa for at least fifteen straight minutes she asked Santa, "Was Christi on your bad list or your good list?" Of course Santa didn't even know who Christi was. He responded, "On my good list." Then Shayla continued with, "What was she going to get?" He responded, "You'll find out soon." Then Mrs. Claus must have figured it out and she came to the rescue saying, "She already has everything she needs and wants now." That seemed to answer Shayla's questions. Shayne and I could only chuckle and say how typical that was - Shayla wanted to check up on her sister to make certain she was good. So cute! I could see the tears upon Shayne's cheeks as he operated the video camera.




Much of the evening was pretty emotional for us. OK, the entire day was actually. After learning of Laura's death I called Shayne from my van so I could grieve with him in private. He kept commenting upon how very, very kind Laura was and that is so true. Our hearts are with the Stiles family. This afternoon I picked Ashley up from school and took her shopping. Traffic was horrendous which just made me realize how very much I enjoy living where we do! Tomorrow, we will dash off!

Great Memories: Cute & Funny
December 1999: Hayes Presidential Center (Fremont, Ohio) One Horse Open Sleigh Rides!
Baby's First Christmas (Dec. 1997) Pictured with Christi's Great Grandma & Grandpa Gear (Joe & Dixie)
Toledo Zoo Lights (Santa Visit with a Scared Christi in my arms, 2001 - age 4)

1 Comments:

At 24/12/06 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! Did you notice the orb in the family picture with Mr. & Mrs. Claus? It's very small (right above Mr. & Mrs. Claus) and I think there might actually be two, maybe three. I know that must be Christi....sharing in the Christmas joy with her sister! Absolutely amazing!!

I've followed Christi's story for quite some time and just now signed up for an account so that I could post a comment. Even though I don't know you personally, not a day goes by that I do not think of Christi and your sweet family.

Wishing you comfort and peace this holiday season and in the days to come.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home