Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Friday, December 22, 2006

Love for Laura


Just seven days ago Shayne and I went to the store to find something from "Happy Feet" to send to a brave neuroblastoma friend, Laura. We couldn't find anything so Shayla and I looked again this Wednesday, but without any luck. Sadly, Laura's health took a rapid decline, this morning she earned her wings and we will instead be sending something for Laura's memorial. For the past few days I felt like the inevitable was coming and I've been "talking" with Christi and telling her that if Laura wasn't going to receive the miracle we had been praying for than to please make certain she is right there to welcome Laura home and to make certain she finds the pets area and all of the other kids. The girls were in treatment together at CHOP for neuroblasoma, and Laura also treated in NYC at MSK.

What is really strange is that late last night I read Laura's website and felt like she had slipped into a coma. Again I begged Christi to please be an Angel to help get Laura safely to her eternal home, to show her peace, love and a friendly little familar face. At 5:15 this morning I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. Now I wonder if it was Christi waking me up to assure me that yes indeed she was there for her friend who died at 5:22 AM and she was on her way to take her to Heaven.

This picture was taken a few weeks ago. I know Buttercup continues to grieve for Christi and I am willing to bet Laura's cat will do the same. Please keep Laura's family in your prayers. They are a wonderful family and our hearts are broken over their horrendous loss of lovely Laura.

2 Comments:

At 22/12/06 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so incredibly sad. I work with Laura's Mom, Mara. Mara actually directed me to your website in early September, and I have been reading faithfully since then. You are an incredible woman, and I only pray for peace for you just as I do today for Mara. May the Lord hold both beautiful girls tightly and give you the incredible strength to carry on this Christmas season.

 
At 22/12/06 8:21 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

So deeply sorry to hear of another death from this evil disease. My prayers will be with sweet Laura's family.

With love and prayers,
Heather

 

Post a Comment

<< Home