Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Super St. Joe Students


Amazing Fremont St. Joe Students

Just wanted to share some of the application/essay comments from the St. Joe applicants:

Like Christi, this student does not use his disability as an excuse, was typed on one of the recommendation letters.

While I could never profess to understand the struggles that Christi endured, as a person living with a disorder, I think I know what it is like to adapt and overcome.

A student reported that she is paying for college entirely on her own so this scholarship will really help as there are financial worries about not being able to finish.

I’d like to thank the Thomas family for creating this scholarship. It’s amazing how they have turned such a horrendous tragedy into something beneficial for others.

And the sweet Jennifer wrote: In the years I knew Christi, she taught me absolutely everything about life – embrace it, live it to the fullest, love with all your have. I only dream that I will be able to touch someone’s life the way Christi has mine and I feel that my career choice (nursing) will help me do that. If it weren’t for Christi and her battle I don’t know if I would have found this passion as soon as I did, or even at all. I really owe so much to her and she will forever be my inspiration. The majority of the colleges and pretty pictures I've been so blessed to share on the blog have come about as a result of Jennifer's Prayer Site she set up for Christi. I love those pictures and will forever be grateful for Jennifer loving our family.

2 Comments:

At 1/6/07 12:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are such sweet words from the students. I especially agree with the statement saying "It’s amazing how they have turned such a horrendous tragedy into something beneficial for others." because that's exactly what the Thomas Team has done. You have found amazing ways to keep her legacy alive forever while her story continues touching the hearts of many around the world. Stay Strong!

It is with a heavy heart that I'm writing about the passing of another beautiful child. He was also fighting the beast we call Neuroblastoma. Landon Pitre is a beautiful 5 year old boy who gained his angel wings early wednesday morning after a 3 1/2 year long battle. I bet Christi was at heaven's gates welcoming Landon and introducing him to all of her angel friends!www.caringbridge.org/visit/landonpitre

 
At 1/6/07 3:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those youngsters are truly amazing, and who would have thought that it was a little beautiful girl who changed their lives =]They'll grow up to be wonderful people as they were touched by an angel.Wish them all the best!!!

always in my thoughts and prayers...

Oliwia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home