Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

10 Months Without Christi

2000: Christi at Toledo COSI It may be hard to believe, but I remember this very day - sitting beside Christi while she completed an art project at Toledo's COSI. She was almost four years old (and she took the longest time to dip the sticks into the glue to create her art). She was so independent; it was precious! What I wouldln't do to have the opportunity to sit beside our angel again!!

We will very soon be doing a few things we were never able to do because of Christi. NOT THAT WE MINDED AT ALL!! Soon we will be doing these things and I'll update then.

The number of poems, written about Christi, we've received has been incredibly touching and comforting. Ideally, I'd share one here; however, since my computer has been "in the shop" since June 17th - and they're stored on there - I'm going to have to turn to a poem written for another child. Soon, hopefully tonight, I'll have my computer back - along with the many pictures I've wanted to share! Thank you everyone for your loving thoughts and kindess. We are so blessed!


Try To Understand


Last night while I was trying to sleep,
My daughter's voice I did hear
I opened my eyes and looked around,
But she did not appear.

She said, "Mom you've got to listen,
You've got to understand
God didn't take me from you, mom
He only took my hand.

When I called out in pain that morn,
The instant that I died,
He reached down and took my hand,
And pulled me to His side.

He pulled me up and saved me
From the misery and pain.
My body was hurt so badly inside,
I could never be the same.

My search is really over now,
I've found happiness within,
All the answers to my empty dreams
And all that might have been.

I love you all and miss you so,
And I'll always be nearby.
My body's gone forever,
But my spirit will never die!

And so, you must all go on now,
Live one day at a time.
Just understand-
God did not take me from you,
He only took my hand.

Written by Susan R. George Shipman

11 Comments:

At 19/7/07 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Angela, Shayne & Shayla,

Just wanted to let you know that Christi is being thought of in England today too. The 19th of each month stands out with special significance- sadness of course but also it's a time for remembering all of the lessons & happiness that your lovely Christi taught to us all who knew her in person or through her blog and website - she continues to inspire so many people, as you all do.I continue to be amazed by your bravery & positivity when you must be hurting like hell at times - no wonder Christi was so special with a mom, dad & sister like you three. Thankyou for letting us all share your beautiful little girl.

Thinking of you and sending you lots of love as ever.

Nicky (England) xx

 
At 19/7/07 7:12 AM, Blogger Jennifer (Kids Cancer Crusade) said...

The 19th of any month will never ever be the same. I still can't believe it has been 10 months.

 
At 19/7/07 7:42 AM, Blogger E[l]I[z]DOLON[a] said...

Dear Thomas Family,
Sending you so much love today and always.
It often crosses my mind how much Christi affected my heart and how attached I became to her and your family through her fight with NB.

She is a very special child and I am so sorry she is no longer here on earth to continue spreading her joy and living life as an example of how we all should live.

Sending (((((((hugs))))))) to Ms. Shayla and thinking of you,
Eliza (san fran)

 
At 19/7/07 7:59 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Thinking of you today and praying for you.

Remembering and missing Christi with you.

All my love and prayers for always,
Heather

 
At 19/7/07 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought of you all this morning when I realized it was the 19th- my heart breaks for you with each month that goes by. I pray you have as good a day as possible. I look forward to seeing the pictures and reading the "Christi poems"- they're all so beautiful!

Michelle Stokes

 
At 19/7/07 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Angela, my prayers go out to you and your family each and every day. It is so evident that Christi was such a special child to everyone who knew her, and even to all of us who never had the honor of knowing her. Thank you for sharing her life and spirit here with the world. I know she has made quite the impression on me and I am not the same because of her. What a legacy she has left!
Sending you a great big cyber-hug today from sunny south Florida!

 
At 19/7/07 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoyed your first day of teaching at the Berg.

This summer seems to be moving incredibly fast. Here it is past the middle of July already.

I for one am so pleased that you are continuing this blog. Knowing that you and your family are moving forward in spite of Christi's absence
gives those of us who are struggling with loss - encouragement - almost a challenge.

Thank you!

 
At 20/7/07 12:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first thought on my mind when I woke up today was that it was Christi's 10 month Angel-versary. She will always be loved and missed here on earth. That poem is beautiful! The lyrics are very touching.

Here's another beautiful poem that I found on another site.

Memories of You, My Child
Today, I awoke with memories of you,
our days were too short,
our memories, far too few.

Every season which passes,
each anniversary of that day,
I look up to Our Father,
and I begin to pray.

O, Father in Heaven,
hold my baby close;
And give my child the love,
which they need the most.

Allow my child to look down
and see us here below;
May all the love we bear,
be theirs to know.

I realize that with You, Father,
my child is even more blessed;
But, it's difficult, you see,
as we do our very best.

To live each day,
without them in our view,
but I know my child is happier,
up in Heaven, with You.

Take my child by the hand, Dear Lord,
and give to it a flower.
And tell my child that we still cherish and love,
and are so happy that they were ours.

We borrowed our dear one from You, for just awhile,
savoring each moment we had;
They're all safe now, away from every harm,
and we are ever so glad.

Touch our hearts, Father,
and mend all the broken pieces.
And may the love we hold for our child,
extend to others, as it reaches,

Out to the hurting,
those who are grieving and in the same pain,
and may we feel Your mighty embrace,
as we remember once again.

May we linger safely until we, too,
cross upon the Golden Strand,
and there to greet us on one side will
be Our Sweet Jesus,
and on the other, our little Angel,
with an outstretched hand.

(c) 2001 Sandra Lewis Pringle

 
At 20/7/07 7:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ten months seems hard to believe... I am so sorry, I know the grief continues to grow, and I pray for you to have strength, that God will take mercy on you and give you even the briefest respite, just a few breaths that don't ache with your loss. I so appreciate your continued blog entries, especially about such hard times. I still check in every single day.

Much love,
Spring

 
At 22/7/07 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha if I had my computer in the shop for that long i'd go crazy!! i can't wait to see the pictures! that poem is beautiful and devastating.. it makes me cry! wishing you the best luck,
Leah

 
At 23/7/07 2:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey,

i noticed a few photos that didn't have the best lighting, so i fixed them up! hope you like them! and if you have anymore photos i would be happy to fix them up for you! :)

before:
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3714/1989/1600/101_1184.jpg
after:
http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/4833/photos2uq7.jpg


before: http://bp1.blogger.com/_HyCE2LK4JLA/RcSvfCTn9uI/AAAAAAAAAGM/zRphkEPitfA/s1600-h/Berg+Lemonade+Stand+Sept.+23,+2005+002.jpg
after:
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/4558/photo1oy7.jpg

Emily xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home