Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Cedar Point

I had been dreading this first visit to Cedar Point, one of Christi's most favorite places, since Shayne asked me to order the season passes last fall. I knew back then it would be difficult and I told him that I didn't ever want to go back there. He reminded me that Shayla loves it too - our whole family does - and that I should order the season passes because if you go about two times it's about the same price as having a pass. Reluctantly, I ordered our passes hoping that the first time back would at least be with Shayne or with a friend, NOT just Shayla and I - without Christi.

I knew putting it off was only making it worse, so I called my sweet neighbor inquiring if they were interested in spending the day at Cedar Point. Only one of their children could go, and I'm so grateful Shayla's great playmate could go!! It really helped (I could not have gone alone.) and the kids had an absolutely wonderful time! I made myself push the memories of Christi at Cedar Point out of my mind because I felt myself choking each time I remembered something from one of the many, many times she was there - as a little one (age 2.1) on her first ride (the motorcycles in Kiddy Kingdom, yes I remember) to last year on our very last trip - with Jennifer - when the "big girls" went to ride some of the "big" rides to the many trips I enjoyed with Christi in between. It only seemed right, last fall, to bury her with her Cedar Point Season Pass. I tell myself she's riding the greatest rides of all in Heaven.

9 Comments:

At 13/7/07 8:43 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

I am so sorry, Angela. I can't even imagine how difficult Cedar Point was for you. My heart broke as I read this entry. Christi is most definitely riding wonderful rides up in Heaven.

I am thinking of you all and sending many hugs,
Olivia

 
At 13/7/07 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had actually never really heard of Cedar Point until I read Christi's blog. Now for some reason I've heard the name around ever since I've known about it. The first thought in my mind when I hear it mentioned is Christi because I know how much she loved it. Shayla looks adorable with her friend!

P.S-My sister received the results of her biopsy today and the mass is benign!

 
At 14/7/07 6:21 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

I'm glad you had a neighboor to go with you to Cedar Point. I remember how Christi loved that place soo much.


With Love and Prayers,
Heather

 
At 14/7/07 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweet neighbor to go with you. I wonder how many orbs showed up in the pictures you took there? :)

Michelle Stokes

 
At 14/7/07 8:53 PM, Blogger IS Teacher said...

Wow Angela!!!! You took a big step!! Believe it or not, Christi was on my mind a LOT yesterday while Katie, Emily and I spent the day at Kings Island, of all places(!) Isn't that a hoot?? Remember.......our invitation is always open (:^D) You are so amazing. God bless!!!!

 
At 14/7/07 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, im so sorry that it was so hard to do something that is meant to be so fun :( thats so brave of you to go through with that! Cedar point looks like such a fun place.. i have been wanting to go there for forever because of their great rides.. i think we might actually go sometime in august.. that would be so funny if I saw your family there!
your internet friend,
Leah

 
At 15/7/07 3:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck with your teaching on Monday Angela!

 
At 15/7/07 8:35 PM, Blogger Jennifer (Kids Cancer Crusade) said...

I am so glad that I was able to share Christi's last time at Cedar Point. It has always been a favorite place of mine as well. It sure makes going back hard, but that was a beautiful day. I thank YOU.

Love & miss you!! See you soon!

 
At 18/7/07 11:34 AM, Blogger Amy said...

I'm just now getting caught up on the last week's worth of entries. I'm so glad you went to Cedar Point. I'm sure Christi is proud of you for being brave and going, even though it hurt to experience the memories. Way to go Dr. Maris and Dr. Reynolds for sticking up for FU-NB-06! It is a name that has been earned and should never be changed. I'm always thinking about the Thomas family, even when I don't post frequently. Take care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home