Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Enjoying Home


It's been nice just being at home this week. Shayla was able to spend some time with her cousin, Shelby, and she is loving playing with the sweet neighbor kids. I've been putting the final touches on the grad class I'll start teaching for Heidelberg on Monday. We did go with Grandma Nonee and Paw Paw to the Ohio Caverns where we met up with my sister and two of the three kiddos. My mom only took one picture before her battery died. While none of my photos had any "orbs" in them, I thought it was great that it had an "orb" in it - perhaps Christi was enjoying the tour with us too!

I've forgotten to say thanks for the sweet surprise left at Christi's grave site. Christi did enjoy Sponge Bob so we know she'd approve! Thank you to that special someone. It brighten our day and made us vividly remember Christi's incredibly awesome laugh. I wish I had a great big belly laugh like she did. I've been putting off picking out her grave marker / plaque, but I WILL do that one day this summer, despite my dread. (I still prefer to live in "denial land" it is much better there, smile.)

I think I'm about to do something this afternoon I've really been dreading. I'll let you know how it goes, if I really proceed.

5 Comments:

At 13/7/07 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Thomas family,

I have been following your story for about a year- I was brought to your site by a caringbridge site. I have been so moved by Christi's story and you have all remained in my prayers. I wanted to let you know I am going to be walking in the Relay for Life in Elk River, MN in the memory of Christi Thomas.

Check out my website:

https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=190403&lis=1&kntae190403=3037B9EC2D794EA3B74BCDF3EA0B58ED&supId=170898449

Thank you for continuing to share Christi's story with us and inspiring us to do good things in her memory, just as she did in life.

God Bless you all!

jkritzeck@hotmail.com

 
At 13/7/07 7:14 PM, Blogger memyselfandI said...

I have a gut feeling what you are going to do and all I can say is deep breaths, tissues and a little at a time. All our love and huge hugs !

 
At 13/7/07 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shayla, you look so incredibly grown up! What a year this has been for you, emotionally, spiritually, and physically... has anyone ever told you that you're looking more and more like Christi? Or maybe it was Christi who was going to look more and more like you! In this photo of you with Shelby, your facial expression looks so much like Christi! Looks like your sister is always near you in more ways than one!
Kamie.

 
At 13/7/07 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't imagine how hard that is to have to pick out a plaque for your own child. It's hard enough to me having to do that for our dogs let alone thinking about parents who have to do that for a child. I'm so glad that sweet people continue to leave little surprises at Christi's grave. I'm sure that makes it a tiny bit easier knowing how loved Christi is. Stay Strong!

 
At 18/7/07 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cute picture!! it was so corageous of you to get the season passes.. i don't think i could've in that situation. Shayla looks so pretty in that picture!! she really looks a lot like her dad!
hugs, Leah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home