Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Monday, July 30, 2007

Delays



"Angel" Nathan's sweet mom actually emailed me and reminded me that we did meet at the NB conference in 2004. (That must be why I follow Nathan's story so closely.) Isn't she amazing taking the time to email ME in the midst of their horror?! We will continue to lift up her and her entire family with our prayers. Nathan's website is available by clocking on the red font on the last post.

Today was filled with delays for poor grandma nee nee. We left the house very early to get her up to Toledo (1 1/2 hours) for her surgery; however, after waiting four hours after we got there, they decided that her leg is still too swollen so they sent us back home and we will go back and try again in a few days. Meanwhile, she's lugging around her leg - which has a 35 pound "A frame" brace going through the middle of it. The poor thing - we thought she was going to be staying so I never expected to have to try to get her in our house by myself. There was no way I could get the wheel chair up a few steps. (She came in on a gurney last week.) Finally, (Oh, she's going to kill me for sharing this.) we decided that if she scooted up the steps on her "backside" it would work. It was A LOT of effort, but we did it. Boy, am I grateful that little skinny, child-sized Christi could just be carried! This is all new territory for me!!

We zipped back into town just in time for Shayla to get to her PT (Should I say "spa treatment? Looks pretty nice, eh?!) and to her horse riding lesson. She's doing so well her instructor says. It's been amazing to watch her growth this summer. I know Christi, a fellow horse lover, must be very proud too!

Here's wishing you all good health and peace!




6 Comments:

At 30/7/07 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The ONLY way Shayla's summer could've been any more perfect would be to have Christi physically by her side. She seems to be having SO much fun!

Poor Nee Nee, I'll be praying for her recovery process to start moving in the right direction.

 
At 31/7/07 9:11 AM, Blogger Aimee Jackson said...

Poor Grandma!!!! What a trooper she is though. Must run in your family.

Shayla looks like she was born to ride. Your right... she is growing so fast. When I last saw her she was a little girl. She doesn't look so "little" any more! Enjoy the PT Shayla... though I must say I'm jealous! When I had PT it wasn't even close to fun... you could not mistake it for a spa by any stretch of the imagination... a minor torture chamber maybe was more like it!

 
At 31/7/07 1:36 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

WOW, Shayla! You're a definite pro on the horse! I am so impressed.

I am so sorry to hear about the delays with the surgery; that has to be difficult. I had to do one of those scooting up the steps on the backside after my leg surgery a few years ago. Definitely a highlight to it all, eh? Hee hee.

Thinking of you,
Olivia

 
At 31/7/07 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello miss Shayla, You're looking great, glad to see you're having a fun summer. You really look comfortable on that horse; you're a natural!

Dear Angela,

Just a thought for you--maybe Christi is in a better place, not for me to say, but she deserves to be by her family's side.

 
At 1/8/07 11:37 PM, Blogger brooke said...

Hi Thomas Team,
Just wanted to let you know that I still stop by your blog everyday. How lucky am I that I get to live vicariously through y'all and all your adventures.. while spending my summer in PhD land taking stats and working on a few research projects. Thanks :) Also, I wanted to let you know that all of you remain in my thoughts and prayers everyday.

warmly,
Brooke, in Logan, UT.

 
At 4/8/07 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww Shayla's getting prettier and prettier.. wow look at Shaylas go on that horese! haha i'd be afraid to do that.. i'm glad Shayla's feet are getting better.. it doesn't look like she's in too much pain in those pictures :) haha
xoxo
Leah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home