Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Glamour Contest

**NEE NEE NEWS: Grandma is still in pain. We are still praying that her swelling goes down and that surgery will take place later this week. We figured out a way to wheel her wheelchair into our bathroom (removing a leg rest) so that has been a huge help.**


One of the ways, I "redeemed" Christi's frequent flying miles after she died was by purchasing magazines for the two Ronald McDonald Houses we lived in, and also by ordering some subscriptions for family and Eric. For myself, I ordered "Glamour" magazine - a nice break of "light and fluffy" reading for a change. (Shhh, don't tell my Professors!) Each month, they featured a unique place someone took their magazine. Due to weight restrictions, I could only take the cover of the magazine (What a hoot!) but here are the three photos I entered in their contest. Since my subscription will run out in October, I hope someone lets me know if one is ever published. It was fun!

6 Comments:

At 31/7/07 6:32 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

I don't subscribe to the magazine, but I'll be sure to take a peak at the issues while waiting on line in the supermarket (hee hee). :o)

You definitely deserve to win and you have my vote for sure. I'm already planning my own trip to Alaska (smile). Thanks, Shayla!

Lots of love!

Olivia

 
At 31/7/07 9:16 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

So sorry to hear that Grandma is still in pain. I hope she is able to have her surgery soon and she will remain in my prayers.

LOL at your Glamour to Alaska and your "secret" is safe with me. My light and fluffy Grad school reading was People. :)

Love and prayers always,
Heather

 
At 1/8/07 12:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Nee Nee can't seem to catch a break yet. Atleast you've found an easier way of getting her into the bathroom.

I was wondering why you were holding a random Glamour magazine! lol That's a pretty cool idea of them to do. I hope yours gets published! I can't believe that a magazine weighed too much and you could only take the cover. Crazy! I bet Christi is laughing at these pictures! :)

 
At 1/8/07 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. What a hoot!!!

Tracey

 
At 1/8/07 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

US or UK edition? Nice pics!

 
At 2/8/07 10:13 AM, Blogger nikki the red said...

those are great photos angela!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home