Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Cedar Point? Interested?

After my last "OSU football stuff" on the blog, we received the sweetest email and an invitation to tailgate prior to the next game. Well, we'd never turn down a party invitation (wink)....seriously, we went to their website and thought we'd have to check out this party. What a pleasure to get to meet this beautiful wonder mom who emailed! When I asked her how she found out about Christi, she told us that each year on her son's birthday she writes a letter to him about the happenings on his birthday and the year. The first thing she found when she googled "Sept. 19, 2006" was Christi Thomas. Amazing, eh? Regardless, I'm so glad her son brought us together and I think this letter idea is a grand one all parents should endorse!

Today, when we renewed our season passes for next year at Cedar Point, we received three free tickets to be used next weekend. We have season passes and don't plan on returning again next weekend anyway so we'd like to give them away to the first "blogger" who emails. (They are valued at $42.95 each so if you've ever wanted to try one of Christi's favorite places, here's your chance while it is free!) I will drop them in the mail to the first person who emails me: zzartset@bright.net Cedar Point is located in Sandusky and is open this Friday from 6PM to midnight, Saturday from noon to midnight and the final day of the season is Sunday (10AM to 6PM).

This morning we went to the shrine before going to Cedar Point. With temps in the low 80s today and with the sun shining, it was gorgeous! Shayla asked if she could light at candle for Christi at one of the chapels along the outdoor walking area. We thought it was sweet she asked without us asking her if she wanted to light a candle for her sister. We most often include Christi when in prayer, perhaps Shayla does too.
Now that we have official OSU attire, we looked like real OSU fans! We enjoyed another great game in the shoe. Everyone keeps telling us how awesome our seats are and we keep joking, "Can anyone have any more hours than I do and still not have that degree?" A girl in one of my classes told me, "I work in the ticket office and my seats are no where near yours! How did you do that?" Perhaps it wasn't my 133 hours, but my little angel working her special magic...? She did name her cat, Buckeye.
Unfortunately, I'm not yet able to upload any of the photos of Shayla (bummer. Marty got some great shots!). She had a fabulous time with her aunt and uncle while we were at the game. We'd like to thank those sweet teachers from Central Ohio and to Shayne's friends at a bank in Columbus; we had a lovely time tailgating with them too!! I never understood what "tailgating" was before, but after walking pass hundreds of RVs and see tons of OSU flags and fans the past two Saturdays, I think I understand now. (It's just too much food, music, scarlet and gray and beverages all in OSU style....and hundreds of good spirited and crazy fans!) We wish Shayla could have been with us - at least to see all of the "festivities" before the game! She would have been "wide-eyed" and giggling, just like Christi would have too!

6 Comments:

At 22/10/07 5:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Thomas Team,
Today I took my son for his twelve month vaccinations. He was born on 19 October last year so as he gets one month older with each 19th, I remember the 19th marks one more month passing since Christi went to Heaven. He is part of a clinical trial at a large hospital. As we were leaving after he'd had the four needles he was scheduled for, I saw a family waiting to be admitted. There was a guy (presumably the Dad?) cuddling a girl aged about 9-10 who had lost all her hair and a lady (presumably the Mum?) stroking the girls face trying to comfort her. I stopped in my tracks. It hit me that your family had gone through that process probably more times than I've had hot breakfasts. So as I walked to the car, I prayed for the family in the waiting room, I prayed thanks for the great health our son is Blessed with and I prayed a prayer for your wonderful family. Christi may not be here on earth but she has forever changed so many lives. Good night from Australia....Michelle

 
At 22/10/07 7:12 PM, Blogger RyLa's Mommy said...

I can't begin to tell you both how wonderful it was to meet you. Thank you for stopping by, and know that you are ALWAYS welcome. I'm glad you got the chance to enjoy the entire Buckeye experience!

And - to score those great tickets, you must have had someone up there helping out!

Take care,
~Laura

 
At 22/10/07 7:12 PM, Blogger RyLa's Mommy said...

I can't begin to tell you both how wonderful it was to meet you. Thank you for stopping by, and know that you are ALWAYS welcome. I'm glad you got the chance to enjoy the entire Buckeye experience!

And - to score those great tickets, you must have had someone up there helping out!

Take care,
~Laura

 
At 22/10/07 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't begin to tell you both how wonderful it was to meet you. Thank you for stopping by, and know that you are ALWAYS welcome. I'm glad you got the chance to enjoy the entire Buckeye experience!

And - to score those great tickets, you must have had someone up there helping out!

Take care,
~Laura

 
At 22/10/07 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Oh no - I just realized that I kept saving my comment over and over! I'm sorry - just dump all of them!!)
~L

 
At 24/10/07 11:17 AM, Blogger The Hammer Family said...

Dear Thomas team,
Just wanted to tell you that you are being thought of and prayed for always..
The photos you post of Angel Christi are lovely--just like she was.
With Love,
The Hammers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home