Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Girls' Weekend

We continued our "Girls Weekend" by overnighting with Aunt Marty and Uncle Jeff, going to church in Marion and Shayla riding Dolly. Today we ventured to Columbus to the "Fascination Destination" - COSI!! Traci didn't have to work so she met us to play (See the picture. Can you say, Gross?! "Shay" is crawling on Shayla while "CT" is on Traci.) Jenn had to work, but we made certain to check in with her too! We're anxious for Shayne to return home.

Here's the next scrapbook page in the sequence that Christi created in Sept. of 2002, age 5, shortly after diagnosis.

Rumor has it, Jason was able to get the final video we have of Christi (At Aunt Marty & Uncle Jeff's where she created "101 German Shepherds" on what turned out to be her final night in the state of Ohio) digitally recorded so I will )hopefully) soon have Christi's final hurrah on the blog!

Thanks, all!!

7 Comments:

At 7/10/07 8:20 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

I am so glad to hear you've been having a nice weekends. Girls' Time is always fun, eh? Shayla, I love these pictures of you. You look so cute with Shay, though I have to agree with Angela, I don't think I could look that confident with a mouse on my shoulder! :p

Angela, thank you so much for sharing Christi's journal entries here. Her courage in spite of all that she went through is awe-inspiring. And her artwork is simply amazing. Thank you so much.

I am thinking of you all and sending love & hugs from NYC,
Olivia

 
At 7/10/07 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems the 'blogger monster' doesn't like these drawing by christi (kock on wood really really hard!) because they;re showing up and I really wan't to see the scapbook pages.

Shayla's hair looks BLONDE! She's gorgous!

I'm so glad you'll be able to get Christi's video up (knock on wood again... hehe). If that doesn't work I've figured out a way you can pop a DvD in your pc and dowload it on. You have to download a program, for free, and i'm not sure how legal it is, but it hasn't caused me any problems. I'll let you know.

Good luck!

-Micaela

 
At 7/10/07 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Thomas Team,

Thanks so much for sharing Christi's scrapbook with us...she was quite the artist, even at 5 years old!

Shayla, I especially wanted to write to you tonight and tell you how BEAUTIFUL you look in the photo - even with a rat on your shoulder! You are as gorgeous on the outside as you are on the inside! I have also been thinking of you, Angela, because I am an elementary ed undergrad and am currently taking Assessment and Instruction of Reading...so I am up to my ears in running records and QRIs! Lots of fun, but lots of work too, and hopefully I'll get to be decent at it...we are sharpening our skills with the assessments by working with first and second graders once a week, so hopefully I won't scar my poor student for life!

Love and prayers to you all!

Love, Hilary

 
At 8/10/07 2:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you all: Shayla seems to be cheering everyone up though!

Irene

 
At 8/10/07 6:49 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Thank you so much for sharing Christi's scrapbook - what an amazing job she has done!

A very special girl, inded! And a very special family!

 
At 8/10/07 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Thomas Team,

We've come to care deeply about your family through this blog; you will always have my love and support. I understand that there are some family issues that are just meant to be private. The only thing that really matters is the welfare of your family.

I would never ask for more than you wish to give. You have shared so much already...every journal entry, photo, and memory of Christi and the entire Thomas team is a gift and blessing to me. Just wanted you to know that.

S.C.

 
At 8/10/07 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your life with us. What an inspiration Christi was and the Thomas family continues to be. I admire how you seem to live life to the fullest. May you embrace God as He continues to give you strength.
Awesome drawings by Christi and sweet pictures of Shayla.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home