Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Monday, October 08, 2007

Christi's Scrapping Continued

Like with all of the other pages, Christi did the art and I dictated her sentences. We had one of the world's greatest nurses that very first night we ever spent in a hospital - my best friend, Becky! I actually slept in an empty patient bed next to Christi's and she brought me meals, little did I know that "that life" was now my new one (except for the getting my own bed and meals part, hee hee). Now, five years later, I still rely on "Nurse Becky". I had to call her yesterday when Shayla broke out in hives all over her upper thighs. Apparently, she's also allergic to bactrium and not just penicillin. I've told myself countless times today, "I'm so glad Christi never was allergic to any medications. That would have really complicated things." Hopefully, Shayla will be feeling better soon. I'm certain she will! God is good!

2 Comments:

At 9/10/07 10:04 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

What great drawings Christi did even at her young age.

Apparently she got her writing to cope from her Mommy.

Poor sweet Shayla- please give her a big hug from me, I hope she feels better soon. Hives are no fun.

Thinking of you always with love and prayers,
Heather

 
At 9/10/07 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Thomas Team,

Feel better soon Shayla! Being sick is definitely no fun!

Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

<3 Carlene

 

Post a Comment

<< Home