Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Trick or Treating


I won't say I didn't think of how much Christi enjoyed going trick or treating, or that I wondered about what she might have been this year for Halloween - of course I did, but I can say that Shayla had a wonderful time going door to door and that put a smile on our faces! She often notices the sky and she asked me to take this picture with that amazing sky. I looked at it many times and tried to convince myself that trick-or-treating in Heaven must somehow even be better than what we were experiencing in Ohio. Hmmmmm. Miss you, sweetpea! (Christi, I hope you didn't mind but Shayla wore your long, black wig with her costume!)

6 Comments:

At 31/10/07 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful sky, beautiful Shayla, beautiful family! Thinking of you tonight.......Deb Mathy

 
At 31/10/07 9:55 PM, Blogger Frapper said...

I'm sure tonight was a bittersweet one for you, just as you say. I'm so sorry you have to balance the joy of seeing one of your girls get into the Halloween spirit with the sadness of knowing her sister's not getting ready to go out as well. I always wonder too what the holidays in Heaven are like--I'm sure they're beyond our imagination, but it'd be nice to have a "bird's eye" view. My prayers remain with your family; that sky is truly remarkable in the photo.

 
At 1/11/07 7:41 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Shayla looks great! I'm glad she had a good time trick or treating.

Missing Christi with you- remembering her today especially.

Lots of love and prayers,
Heather

 
At 1/11/07 7:56 AM, Blogger Olivia said...

Shayla, I absolutely love your costume; you look amazing! But, then again, when don't you?

Hugs,
Olivia

 
At 1/11/07 8:01 AM, Blogger Olivia said...

Angela,

I can't imagine how difficult Halloween was for you and Shayne. It's a very bittersweet day for me as well. Thinking of you and sending loads of love.

Hugs,
Olivia

 
At 2/11/07 2:52 PM, Blogger The Preister's said...

I just found your site via the videos on the www.myangelsamongus.org site. I have so many things I would like to say, but I just want you to know that your videos have moved me and touched me.

My daughter, Charli, was diagnosed with stage 3 neuroblastoma at 7 months. She is now 15 months. I don't understand how this can happen in life, but I know that it does. I want you to know that I will continue our fight for & against childhood cancer...and I will do it while keeping your daughter in mind.

I will never forget.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home